Looking at a Sea Pro

Jeez, you "google it" people drive me nuts.
The guy (or gal) just wanted some info and thought that the crew here on SFBC might have some first-hand, local, west coast knowledge of the brand.
Sorry don't know much about them Delphin. Hopefully someone does.

Jeez, you "google it" people drive me nuts.
The guy (or gal) just wanted some info and thought that the crew here on SFBC might have some first-hand, local, west coast knowledge of the brand.
Sorry don't know much about them Delphin. Hopefully someone does.

I agree. On the other hand, the original poster provided so little information it's hard for anyone to provide a decent response. Sea-Pro made boats from 17-27 feet in a wide variety of configurations. Without knowing specifically what the OP was looking at or interested in, what his typical application would be etc, no one can really help much.

I agree. On the other hand, the original poster provided so little information it's hard for anyone to provide a decent response. Sea-Pro made boats from 17-27 feet in a wide variety of configurations. Without knowing specifically what the OP was looking at or interested in, what his typical application would be etc, no one can really help much.
. All good points except the Google it I know of Grady's,trophys,strikers etc I just know nothing at all on this brand so all I am looking for is local knowledge from westcoasters. Google lets you know you can go 35 miles out for bass. Thanks in advance for any any info you guys have.

I fish outa 21' WA Sea Pro, nice riding boat, its heavy, need at least a 200hp to make it work properly, even bigger would be nicer. Major dislike is the low freeboard.

. All good points except the Google it I know of Grady's,trophys,strikers etc I just know nothing at all on this brand so all I am looking for is local knowledge from westcoasters. Google lets you know you can go 35 miles out for bass. Thanks in advance for any any info you guys have.

But which model/style of Sea Pro are you looking at? As I said, they make everything from 17' center console bay boats to 27' walk arounds with a cuddy cabin. If you want pros and cons, it would be good to know what style of their boat you are looking at. Also, what is your most frequently intended use? Offshore saltwater fishing for tuna, salmon fishing in the salt, freshwater? All boat designs are compromises and features that are a "pro" in one application may be a "con" in another. Finally, google did tell me there's a SeaPro boat owners forum - http://seaproforum.proboards.com/ and that there are many, many threads on the Hull Truth. Since I've seen very few SeaPro boats in the PacNW, you might have better luck asking questions on one or both of those forums.

Back