Lingcod and Rockfish Fishery Notice

Wont be making any fishing trips to North Coast this year, no bear, now no snapper and probably no chinook, then minimal possession limits. Not feeling any love from Canadian governments right now and think its going to get worse. Now redirecting funds. Will now be returning for #4 of my big 5 and #5 of my dangerous 7.

HM

Less sporties, less eyes on the water. Good news for poachers. Sad days ahead.

I am convinced that No sport hunters/fishers is what both current Gov really want. As well as no public firearms ownership in their Granny state. Lots of talk but no real Gov actions yet. Gave more $$$$ to convicted ISIS terrorists than to salmon restoration. Most tidal water fish stocks are under tremendous pressure, how long before BC has an East Coast meltdown?? Its a good time to organize travel, before do gooders close that down also. Just not on a 1 aircraft type.

HM

Holy cow depression session. I am optimistic ( not in any way saying I am happy :eek:). Going to fish , and enjoy time on water. Yes it sucks but I personally am going to make best of it. It is what it is.

Regardless of what happens with chinook announcement ( and groundfish etc.) many of us tried best we could, and in the end we are stuck in political vacuum in all honestly beyond our control.

My kids and I will find something to fish for, and not teaching them giving up is right thing to do.

Can't wait for our Hardy trip in August. I hope you all despite the feelings will still go an enjoy yourselves regardless. Don't let them take that away from you.:)

Last edited:
Holy cow depression session. I am optimistic ( not in any way saying I am happy :eek:). Going to fish , and enjoy time on water. Yes it sucks but I personally am going to make best of it. It is what it is.

Regardless of what happens with chinook announcement ( and groundfish etc.) many of us tried best we could, and in the end we are stuck in political vacuum in all honestly beyond our control.

My kids and I will find something to fish for, and not teaching them giving up is right thing to do.

Can't wait for our Hardy trip in August. I hope you all despite the feelings will still go an enjoy yourselves regardless. Don't let them take that away from you.:)

Not really depression, I don't have that problem. Mostly frustration. I think most on here better understand our fishery problem but no matter how many letters, emails and meetings we attend, (Ukeedreamin stated it perfect above), it does not matter. Feds/Prov have narrow minded minds already made up, any suggestions, science, data, evidence opinion are out unless you are a donating anti organization, its all BS made to fool the dumbed down people who believe. Sunny Ways Canada. Look at the BS response/answer I posted here from our Premiers office in response to BC cat hunting closure proposal. He believes his own dam lies. So do many here.

Of course I am not giving up my outdoor addiction/affliction/passion or stopping BC fishing/hunting, already have license's and handful of tags, with current future there are still many fishing opportunities, just need to change. I have decided to capitalize and take advantage of other World events that put once unattainable activities now within my reach.

HM

I kept some greenling last year and made fish and chips out of them, was a tad bit mushy but still good overall. Made it the same day I caught them.

Your right still lots available if you go and look for it. Still lots to be optimistic about and still nice to be out on the water.

I'm planning to get to the island 4-5 times again. Mostly Ukee but a week in Tofino.

As soon as that happens, there will be a yearly limit and everyone will have to buy a "Rock Salmon" stamp.

Hahaha! Yup.

Was not too long ago I sat in a meeting and listened as we where being told that spiny dogfish numbers where being looked at with concern.

My memory fails me a little so I can not recall if SARA was looking at it along with some Rockfish at the time.

Hahaha! Yup.

Was not too long ago I sat in a meeting and listened as we where being told that spiny dogfish numbers where being looked at with concern.

My memory fails me a little so I can not recall if SARA was looking at it along with some Rockfish at the time.

Tell them to come fish the hump in CR. in the summer. They will change their SARA line of thinking real fast.

Back