Lighthouse lure

Dragos

God day all

Just wondering if any of you have used those hootchies “Lighthouse lures” and how lucky you got using them. They have a small LED light inside that gets activated while the lure is in the water
Thank you
D

God day all

Just wondering if any of you have used those hootchies “Lighthouse lures” and how lucky you got using them. They have a small LED light inside that gets activated while the lure is in the water
Thank you
D
They outperformed everything down deep at Porlier last June. I've tried them since with less luck.

If there's a gimmick I've tried it. I've dragged those lighthouse lures around. I had no luck with them. But initially purchased them for 150ft and below. For the gulf islands. I used one in nooktka and got out fished by a coho killer. And in tofino the darker hoochie with no lights did way better. However, I took the led out and put it in my box. If it turns on that means too much moisture in the box. Time for an air out. Great tool.

If there's a gimmick I've tried it. I've dragged those lighthouse lures around. I had no luck with them. But initially purchased them for 150ft and below. For the gulf islands. I used one in nooktka and got out fished by a coho killer. And in tofino the darker hoochie with no lights did way better. However, I took the led out and put it in my box. If it turns on that means too much moisture in the box. Time for an air out. Great tool.
Thank you Brett !
That’s a little disappointing
D

Bio-luminescence is real but not always the deciding factor-Needlefish have it and so do some Squid but not Herring.

God day all

Thank you
D
I won't fish Hali without a light! The LED's are great for salmon but you have to have the right conditions and the right lure. A light won't magically make a **** hoochy great! I usually fish them in turd size hoochies, deep in low light and when the salmon are on squid. I don't bother with the light shallow or at mid day. If the salmon are taking coho killers it is unlikely they will take a hootchy that is large enough to carry a light. Check the leader length-it matters that the hootchy is working right!! A light isn't a magic cure-all-it is only one tool that has a time and place for using

I tried them as well without success. Deep trolling I had light on one side and no light on the other. The no light side did a bit better. Bottom fishing deep might have a better result. I can report that once the light goes out you are left with an awkward hootchie that I would prefer to leave in the box.

They work for me for bottom fish, and out-fish non-lit lures on the other side. Occasionally will pick up a spring on them, but I haven't found they are any better/worse for salmon.
But when I'm out targeting Ling or Hali, I find they are better than non-lit

Back