Lifetimer 18cc photos

Hey @grump444 I recently upgraded from a Cope 16.5 Foot Barkley Sounder Centre Console (which I think is very similar design to the Lifetimer 17 foot) to a Bridgeview 18cc and can say that hull designs are drastically different with the Bridgeview feeling like almost twice the boat. The extra width in the beam and hull design allows for a much more stable platform and the self bailing deck makes a huge difference, even with the higher deck there is still more freeboard in the Bridgeview. Just my 2 cents.
I’ve got serious reverse chine envy looking at @Aquaholic ‘s hull. I’ve spent a decent bit of time on a buddy’s bridgewater 18cc in Rupert and my own lifetimer now (which has basically the same hull design as the offshore series we’re talking about here), and they’re completely different boats. Like I said, I love mine for the economy of a small engine and ability to cut through chop rather than float over it, but it’s really sensitive to weight shifts, rolls plenty, and not nearly as dry as the bridgeview would be in the short period chop you’ll be banging through in the north end of the sound. Just reiterating what others have said here— the bridgeview hull and the lifetimer hull are really only similar on paper. If you have the budget for a BW, it would be worth seeing both in person and possibly on the water before you make your choice.

The BV’s are noticeably large for an 18’. Cant beat the beam but all 3 are good options. They’re all self bailing decks and they drain very well if you keep the boat moving forward. Have had coolers floating briefly a few times over the years.

Attachments

• BF9C4047-9F45-4EC4-9FC4-567DDEDEDF1D.png
    BF9C4047-9F45-4EC4-9FC4-567DDEDEDF1D.png
    666.2 KB · Views: 71
Are the new bridge views different hull designs than the old ones? They stopped making boats for a while. Guess I could ask them because I know the family lol

I think @TheNootkaRose is a 20 foot-ish lifetimer cc that is moored up here. Might be worth seeing if they are still active on the forum have an opinion on their boat.
Hello hello, Nootka Rose is still running well. Will send a dm to Grump. Mine is a custom 2006 21 LOA hard top CC with a self bailing deck but only 7’6” wide. For what I do, I don’t mind the width but I believe their more recent hulls are 8’ wide.

Are the new bridge views different hull designs than the old ones? They stopped making boats for a while. Guess I could ask them because I know the family lol
I don’t think they make the old 18’s that they used to for the lodges but I’m sure they could. New ones (EXT models) have the T-top and are well over 18’ with the pod on back.

Back