Lets talk transducers...

I was told today that Lowrance does not recommend a thru hull on a aluminum boat? I have a Airmar Chirp on my King 3025 and have had Zero issues. I am rigging up a smaller aluminum , and looking at all options? Will be running lowrance or Simrad head unit.

I was curious to see what we had ordered on our JaxonCraft build

Airmar SS60 / 20 transducer

Regarding the Transducer Robert drilled a hole the bottom of the boat (aluminum) and that was that. SOP for him.
We were over seeing the boat on Saturday as there were a list of questions and answers a mile long we both wanted to get to.

Of course "much to my surprise" Ferry reservations were not available for cars (August long weekend shocker)We paid for walk on reservations. on the 6:15 a.m. parked at Horseshoe Bay, walked on and on the other side picked up a rental from National (they will come and pick you up at the Ferry terminal ) $88.71 for the day plus gas. Back home on the 8:15

So I was wondering how Robert was going to allow transducer service and/or replacement . He made the space for the fuel tank (it is removable ) and the tank will sit in a fuel resistant heavy rubber type mat to dampen noise. The opening is about a foot longer than the tank If the tank or the transducer needs repair that section of the deck comes out and you have access to the tank and in a foot wide space in front of the tank sits the transducer. Very neat .

Back