Lets see your pictures of your fish cleaning tables

I have made two.. the original turned out to be just a bit small when unloading a crab trap and once in awhile, I wish the table could come out and be free-standing on the dock.
So the new larger table has 4 scotty rod holder mounts around the corners so 7/8 SS tubing can be used as legs.

Attachments

• DSCN4981.jpg
    DSCN4981.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • DSCN4993.jpg
    DSCN4993.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,036
  • DSCN4991.jpg
    DSCN4991.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,035
CM, you have to upload the pics elsewhere to make them accessible to the forum page, linking to them on your desktop will not work

Try photobucket, search the forum for "posting photos"

IMG_2051.jpgIMG_2054.jpg
powdercoat aluminum finish great. Port side insulated/FG for bait,stbd storage for weights,releases,spreader bars,knives,files,priest,cat food ...

I too am in the process of building a "fish cleaning/bait station" platform for the back of my boat. I am trying to figure out dimensions that will work in terms of the following 3 measurements:
1. width (don't plan on dressing anything over 20 lbs on this)
2. depth -front to back
3. height off deck

I am going to build it out of aluminum and have a starboard top cutting surface. Plan on mounting it using 2 Scotty mounts on railing and having 2 upright removable poles like on a camper table.

Really like the look of JAC's and Finaddict's but hope to build it once only:) Will do some mods like knife slots and need to address getting blood and guts to flow out of boat (not into engine well). Needs to break down for storage too.

Any ideas and new pictures appreciated.

WITW. Where did you get that? That looks great and the fact that it can fold up is bonus. Just for cleaning I guess as you couldn't filet a fish in that. But keeps everything off the side of the boat.

I agree, awesome tray I would love to get one too.

I like your "home" cleaning table but I am from the old school of:
-bleed them
-dress and wash them on the boat
- get them in a cool space

Get to see what they are feeding on makes for a better final product so need a cleaning arrangement on the boat that doesn't kill my back or make the dance floor a skating rink.

Yes..the Magma one is quite light duty, more of a bait table. I was thinking of fabricating a big table at the back out of stainless and starboard, strong enough to mount a cooler on and take a big fish. Industrial plastics in Nanaimo has a good selection... Starboard easy to work with and doesn't stain like the cheaper non food grade stuff. Not that cheap though, that piece in the pic about $150

Found a better picture of the folding stainless over the gunnel model. Think this would work great but cant find who made it.

Attachments

• tray1.jpg
    tray1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 357
79 Jimmy You put some time and effort into yours, nice work. What are your actual dimensions in terms of width and depth (Particularly of your bait table at the front. I am playing around with a couple of ideas. One is a full aluminum station on the stern of the boat with a combo unit like yours and the other is to use an old commercial cleaning trough and making adaptations to it fro a bait station. I could mount option 2 box 1.jpgbox 2.jpgon the side where I have more room and the mess with dressing fish could be less but how will it like the rolling around days on the west coast?

Found a better picture of the folding stainless over the gunnel model. Think this would work great but cant find who made it.

Can't seem to find who sells it either. Here's the patent on this fish cleaning trough. It says 2003/ 2004. It has the full description on how to make them. I believe patents are good for 10 years and then it can be copied and sold. Perhaps a metal fabricator can make it out of aluminum or stainless steel. He'd probably sell a bundle.

https://www.google.com/patents/US20040029516

You would be best to consult a certified patent lawyer always if you are really serious.

Side discussion no patent pending is that time period. You wont be able to patent it I wouldn't bother it with this and patent lawyer is going tell you that too..... And you better have some big pockets....I am in business, and I see tons of guys getting patent pending the process takes years and lots of cash.. You also need to have a unique idea.... Just warning you before you spend tons of money. The fact is I can get around your patent by switching couple of pieces of design and it hard to argue in court plus Asia knocks of things all the time.

It takes thousands of dollars....Blood sweat and tears. I have had many clients go through process... Not trying deter you guys that is just what I see..

Back