Let's see your boat!

I just found this site last night and I am loving the enthusiasm. I have been goofing with a 26 Hourston over the last few years. Transom and stringer repair etc. Ran it with command bridge with an inboard that I removed out a rotten ski boat. Now converting it to a sedan with a 300hp sterndrive with DuoProp. Fun stuff, great forum.

Sweet rig for sure! Am I seeing that correctly that the lump is way up mid ship? I haven't ever a Hourston on a shaft drive, cool for sure.

I did have it set up as a straight shaft inboard. I had just replaced the transom and couldn't decide on a pod with out board(s) or a sterndrive. Then I saw a rotted out ski boat with good running gear priced so low I couldn't resist, how hard could it be to install? Shaft drive boats have been around for a long time and seems like a basic setup. It worked better than I expected really. A little front heavy at rest, but came up on step real nice. I should have sold it with the inboard and command bridge setup and found another one to do a steandrive with, but it takes some time to find one, and then to get it across the boarder is another thing.

I did have it set up as a straight shaft inboard. I had just replaced the transom and couldn't decide on a pod with out board(s) or a sterndrive. Then I saw a rotted out ski boat with good running gear priced so low I couldn't resist, how hard could it be to install? Shaft drive boats have been around for a long time and seems like a basic setup. It worked better than I expected really. A little front heavy at rest, but came up on step real nice. I should have sold it with the inboard and command bridge setup and found another one to do a steandrive with, but it takes some time to find one, and then to get it across the boarder is another thing.
Where would the fuel tank(s) be with this setup? Nice rig!

A few years ago my mom was on her death bed. I had absolutely no interest in boating or fishing. She told me to buy a tin boat so once in a while I could go crab with dad. Just to honor moms wishes I ended up splitting a boat with my dad. We went out boating about three times. It was alright. Then I reluctantly tried fishing. I thought it was boring and stupid and also though we probably would have caught something if just had the right spoon.
I needed to try that spoon, so we went out the next weekend, nothing. Then repeat that four weekends in a row and I finally caught a salmon. 6 lbs. On a yellow skinny g. The addiction was and still is very real. Two boats and three years later I averaged 60 days on the water per year. Mom obviously knew me better then I knew myself.

A few years of trying to find the"perfect" boat if there is such a thing.
From downsizing to working my way back up.The De185 (original owner) boat came today.Year 2000 boat,2007-150 Yamaha w/168 Hrs. and 2017 -9.9 Yamaha w-20 Hrs.

1989 Wellcraft Coastal 250
1990 Tiderunner 21
2006 Double Eagle 206
2004 Aquasport 215
1994 Malibu Tyee 17-still own
2000 Double Eagle 185-new to me.

Attachments

• P9060039.JPG
    P9060039.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_6979.JPG
    IMG_6979.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_7628.JPG
    IMG_7628.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_7854.JPG
    IMG_7854.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_9537.JPG
    IMG_9537.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9619.JPG
    IMG_9619.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 249
Nice line up Ray, I think the 185 will be a nice fit. It looks pretty clean and I’m sure once that shoulder heals it will gleam like the Tyee you will be marketing...if one of your boys doesn’t snatch it from you

A few years of trying to find the"perfect" boat if there is such a thing.
From downsizing to working my way back up.The De185 (original owner) boat came today.Year 2000 boat,2007-150 Yamaha w/168 Hrs. and 2017 -9.9 Yamaha w-20 Hrs.

1989 Wellcraft Coastal 250
1990 Tiderunner 21
2006 Double Eagle 206
2004 Aquasport 215
1994 Malibu Tyee 17-still own
2000 Double Eagle 185-new to me.
Just get yourself an Arima 21 and be done with it - just saying’

I looked at a 19 Arima about 2 weeks ago ,but the hardtop is too low,is the 21 or 22 Arima hardtop higher? I can see myself in a Pursuit before my trials are done,health permitting.

Nice line up Ray, I think the 185 will be a nice fit. It looks pretty clean and I’m sure once that shoulder heals it will gleam like the Tyee you will be marketing...if one of your boys doesn’t snatch it from you
The De is actually even cleaner than the Tyee and should boogy with the 150 Yamaha,my son's sure did.It was an odd buying experience the day after shoulder surgery and high on Morphine,my son had to drive and help inspect.I was glad to see it again today and confirm that it was as nice as I thought.No dickering on this one,sellers had a list of 10 serious buyers and dismissed others that didn't sound serious.Crazy sellers market right now.

I looked at a 19 Arima about 2 weeks ago ,but the hardtop is too low,is the 21 or 22 Arima hardtop higher? I can see myself in a Pursuit before my trials are done,health permitting.
I don’t think there is much difference in height, if any, on the hard tops. However, the skip tower model has a lot of head room.

Thank you I’m super happy with it. It’s gonna be a bit of a time before it’s ready to go as it will be getting podded and many other mods. It’s spent it life in fresh water and never seen salt so it’s very clean. There will be lots of parts going up for sale if any one needs anything for there boat. Dog house, bus heater system, Volvo dash controls 290 drive and transom plate in excellent shape and a blown 350 with fresh water cooling and all other engines components.
Good to have you back.

Back