Let's Hope

SerengetiGuide

Holy has this been a windy fall/winter! By far the windiest I've ever seen in my few years. Let's hope it is blowing itself out and it isn't a windy summer too! Never had to deal with power being out three times by new years due to wind alone (few times due to wet snow). Fingers crossed she calms down for the summer! In Port Hardy I know Macandales sold out of generators after the first time in 6 hours hahaha.

Looks like there may be some beachcoming for timber opportunities out there.

I've been harvesting 9-10" log posts for a carport expansion. They've been blowing up on the boat ramp so I can back my trailer right to them. Nice wood.

Wait till tomorrow morning/afternoon. Then after that blows over another big one Thursday. This is the breakup of that big low in Alaska. A nasty week ahead. Next week doesn't look good either.

1609813779248.png

50 mm of rain overnight and tomorrow makes walking the dog interesting.
Sure have come to appreciate the value of having a wood burning stove and a generator since moving to the north Island. Wood heat and power from the generator makes the outages feel not that bad.

Wait till tomorrow morning/afternoon. Then after that blows over another big one Thursday. This is the breakup of that big low in Alaska. A nasty week ahead. Next week doesn't look good either.
BC Ferries have already cancelled sailings to the mainland tomorrow... :oops:

Considering the ground is so saturated, we can expect lots of trees down with the big winds tomorrow. Get your firewood and water ready.

I can live with the heavy rain, wind storm or even power outage but please don’t send any serious snowfall to Vancouver. Most people here have no clue as to how they should be driving on snow.

on a positive note, there seems to be a short break on Saturday’s forecast. Maybe we could get out and wet a line before the next storm kicks in.

Back