Let’s See Your ( Mans ) Best Friend.

walleyes

Crew Member
Thought we would carry on with the photo sharing. I don’t think we’ve done this one on here before might be fun. Let’s see photos of the dog of the house

This is Gunner, he is a 5 year old half German Shepherd, half Black Lab. We wanted a dog around the land to help keep and eye on things and stand guard with momma while I am away at work. We thought about a full bread shepherd but beings we have Grandchildren we weren’t sure about that. I would feel comfortable with one if the kids were around all the time and they were raised together but beings they are not we wanted an animal a little more docile. I’ve owned labs before and knew them to be very obedient and great with children. I found an add for Gunner which wasn’t his name at the time and liked his pedigree it sounded solid. We rescued him from a life in town and brought him out to our 70 acres. He is everything we wanted plus more. He is absolutely the biggest lush in the world around us and the grandchildren they literally could pull his ears off and he does nothing more than lick them, he is such a lovable dog. But it’s amazing how fast his demeanour changes when a stranger pulls in the yard. He’s like a completely different animal and you do not get out of that vehicle until he says it’s ok. And we never discourage him from his job. He never leaves the property but patrols it steadily and truly loves the outdoors. We do a lot of hiking together but he never leaves the property or the near surrounding lands that we hike shed hunting or just exploring. He doesn’t go for rides he doesn’t go for boat rides his place is home and he enjoys it. He spends his days outside and sleeps in the garage at night, during the winter evenings he is allowed in the house and rests on a mat at the family room entrance but never in the family room or at the garage door next to the kitchen. He loves water and spends a lot of time in the dug out next to the house swimming during the hot summer days.

50577530127_f58e85c8c8_b.jpg

Here he is in his element in the outdoors.
50577529967_c6ff0ddd91_b.jpg

50577529197_38d2340eff_b.jpg

this is Hank, was was a great dog, timberwolf cross. i really wanted one of Nog's pups to be a companion for him. miss him everyday

Attachments

• Spring 2010 027.jpg
    Spring 2010 027.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 77
  • engine 042.jpg
    engine 042.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture 093.jpg
    Picture 093.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 74
This is our newfoundland Daisy. Turns 11 on November 10th! She's doing quick well, but her joints are definitely slowing her down a lot. Been lucky to have her for this long.
View attachment 58498 View attachment 58499

Her with a couple labs.

View attachment 58500

Have you tried "Green Lipped Mussel" powder for her joints? A friend of mine told me about it and I tried it with my old Lab, changed his life. The last three years of his life were much better for it. Available online or in most quality pet food stores.

Hope it helps.

Thought we would carry on with the photo sharing. I don’t think we’ve done this one on here before might be fun. Let’s see photos of the dog of the house

This is Gunner, he is a 5 year old half German Shepherd, half Black Lab. We wanted a dog around the land to help keep and eye on things and stand guard with momma while I am away at work. We thought about a full bread shepherd but beings we have Grandchildren we weren’t sure about that. I would feel comfortable with one if the kids were around all the time and they were raised together but beings they are not we wanted an animal a little more docile. I’ve owned labs before and knew them to be very obedient and great with children. I found an add for Gunner which wasn’t his name at the time and liked his pedigree it sounded solid. We rescued him from a life in town and brought him out to our 70 acres. He is everything we wanted plus more. He is absolutely the biggest lush in the world around us and the grandchildren they literally could pull his ears off and he does nothing more than lick them, he is such a lovable dog. But it’s amazing how fast his demeanour changes when a stranger pulls in the yard. He’s like a completely different animal and you do not get out of that vehicle until he says it’s ok. And we never discourage him from his job. He never leaves the property but patrols it steadily and truly loves the outdoors. We do a lot of hiking together but he never leaves the property or the near surrounding lands that we hike shed hunting or just exploring. He doesn’t go for rides he doesn’t go for boat rides his place is home and he enjoys it. He spends his days outside and sleeps in the garage at night, during the winter evenings he is allowed in the house and rests on a mat at the family room entrance but never in the family room or at the garage door next to the kitchen. He loves water and spends a lot of time in the dug out next to the house swimming during the hot summer days.

50577530127_f58e85c8c8_b.jpg

Here he is in his element in the outdoors.
50577529967_c6ff0ddd91_b.jpg

50577529197_38d2340eff_b.jpg
Great thread idea. Cheers

George's mom is an 85lb Bernese, his dad is a 55lb poodle. He's about 85lbs. He's goofy, not too loud, but gets pretty excited when the Jehovah's ring the doorbell or it's time for a drive to somewhere fun. Just turned two this week. george 2.jpg

Attachments

• george 2.jpg
    george 2.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 1
Have you tried "Green Lipped Mussel" powder for her joints? A friend of mine told me about it and I tried it with my old Lab, changed his life. The last three years of his life were much better for it. Available online or in most quality pet food stores.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the info. We did glucosamine for a long time......... butt got to the point where we had to start her on medicam about 4 months ago. But her blood work is still great and she is doing well. I will look into the green lipped muscle and pick some up. Anything to reduce the mess will be good for her.

Milo is a 10 month old pup - Maltese and Bichon. He's turned into a terrific little boating dog; he's very excited to hear "Let's go to the boat." and very relaxed on board. He's great company when I'm out on my own. He's always waited until we come in to do his business. I haven’t taken him fishing yet but I'm sure that will be interesting. 20200827_121008.jpg

Ukee is our 7 year old rescue. Originally from the Yukon. She’s a medium sized dog that’s super agile. Very loyal and great off leash. Great for hikes and although she hasn’t gone hunting, she always lets us know when there is an animal around. Loves to cuddle. Perfect size and don’t think I’ll ever have a dog as good as her.

I think she’s half whippet, and mix of terrier and who knows what else.

Attachments

• 9411F346-3E60-42C3-A3EC-8DDA5AE56350.jpeg
    9411F346-3E60-42C3-A3EC-8DDA5AE56350.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 1298B922-FA7F-49A9-A974-4812CB546691.jpeg
    1298B922-FA7F-49A9-A974-4812CB546691.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 58
Resized_IMG_1087.jpeg IMG_1537.jpg
IMG_2541.jpg The pic of the 2 dogs together are Lucy (shizu/ bichon),she was 14 when we had to let her go,the yellow lab beside her is Opie he was 15 when the day came rip my little buddies...the second pic is of our new yellow lab Finn McCool he was about ten months in this pic and a year in the superdog pic big strong boy who should probably been named Sherman as in the TANK!!lol

Thanks for the info. We did glucosamine for a long time......... butt got to the point where we had to start her on medicam about 4 months ago. But her blood work is still great and she is doing well. I will look into the green lipped muscle and pick some up. Anything to reduce the mess will be good for her.

CBD oil also works great for dogs with joint problems/pain, anxiety etc. We gave it to our boxer when she struggled with knee problems and it gave her new zest. We were able to palliate our 2 dogs with just CBD oil in much higher doses and they were comfy to the end, no gross pharmaceuticals.

Back