LED Light rigging for Hali's and Salmon

There are allot of factors... Maybe it didn't like the blinking light on the camera? Or was just window shopping! I was joking when I said i'm not sure if i'm a fan because I am. The thing looks great on the jig floats and flutters. I Even had a salmon come into the picture at one point to check it out. Not super close but close enough to know it was a spring. I also got a few rockfish and greenling and another hali just cruising by on the bottom! I think the bait is key just didn't have any at that point!

There are allot of factors... Maybe it didn't like the blinking light on the camera? Or was just window shopping! I was joking when I said i'm not sure if i'm a fan because I am. The thing looks great on the jig floats and flutters. I Even had a salmon come into the picture at one point to check it out. Not super close but close enough to know it was a spring. I also got a few rockfish and greenling and another hali just cruising by on the bottom! I think the bait is key just didn't have any at that point!

Y'all are right about the bait thing. Even with perfect presentation, it may simply not be enough for a fish to take it. I have fished live bait and artificial and the one thing that seems to always ring true is live will always get the better response. No doubt fish aren't exactly smart, but I don't think they are altogether dumb, either.

Some folks like to "hang bacon" on the hook when using plastics and that's a good thing. It provides a solid scent. But, not everyone always happens to have a bucket full of innards on hand. So, to help overcome this, you can slide the light out of the lure body and shoot some smelly jelly of choice into the body and replace the light. The light's fit acts a regulator so all the smelly jelly/scent oil doesn't flush at once. With this, you leave a good scent trail to entice a strike. The light already has the attention of the fish, you have a lure body there. All that's left is to stink it up a bit.

Back