Launching at toquart bay

Islandgirl

Thinking of heading to toquart bay..

I have the camper on the truck so do not like STEEP launches with all the weight..
I avoid Pacific playgrounds for this reason.
Cluetsi, comox all good at any tide for me

Any comments on the ramp at various tides?

I have a 10.2 Northern lite and I launch there all the time. It can get a tough with a 1 foot or lower tide. Even then its doable just stay out of the ruts in the mud.

The ramp as said is a nice wide ramp and gentle slope. However it is not very long and is not great at low tides for loading. I have launched there 4 times this yr and unless you are there when it is close to mid tide or higher you are likely to have your trailer tires off the ramp if your boat is around a 20ft or bigger.

Thanks for all the advice.. I should be ok as long as the truck/camper stays on the concrete. The boat is light, should not matter if that trailer ends up off the ramp. Will be there next week : )

Thanks for all the advice.. I should be ok as long as the truck/camper stays on the concrete. The boat is light, should not matter if that trailer ends up off the ramp. Will be there next week : )

Even the sand is pretty hard. Some years back, before the marina was there, one of the boom sticks broke free at one end and was starting to swing around. One of the guys boats had to come out because it was anchored in the path of the stick.
It was a 1 foot tide and he only had a two wheel drive truck. Backed right out onto the sand and pulled his 22' boat out without even slipping a wheel.
It's one of the better ramps on the Island. I've been using it for years.
Dave

Back