Lac La Hache, July 14, 15

ComfortZone

I will start this post off with a short story about a close friend...Jesse LeRiche...

June 11 2009, 4 days after celebrating Jesse's 25 birthday, I got a disturbing phone call from his older brother that he was involved in an accident on his motorcycle, and it was "pretty bad"...a semi truck did not see him, and turned left in front of him...I shortly after visited him at the hospital, and the severity of his condition was obvious, as he was in an iduced comma and on life support. I did my best to support the family over the next week, when things began to look up, liver and kidneys began working on there own, but as quick as the good news came the worst was to follow...overnight his brain swelled to the point it severly damaged itself...June 17 2009 the plug was pulled and within minutes his pain and suffering was over...

so now every summer in jesse's memory his parents put on a fishing derby at the family cabin on Lac la hace, for all his close friends and family...

I am considering towing my 25ft cruiser/fishing boat up there, as i want use of my downriggers, plus it gives me a warm dry place to sleep!

As this is a big fish derby I will be targeting lake trout (7# won last year)

I have googled laker tips and tricks and believe i have some good info, but one thing I noticed is on the great lakes alot of guys use flashers alot like salmon fishing...so my question is can I use my saltwater flashers as actratants??? can I use any of my salmon spoons/lures????

if anyone has some suggestions on that, or experiance with this lake, any info would be appretiated!!!

I would love to boat some slabs in my buddy's memory!!!!!

thanks in advance!

Matt

Back