Kone Zone daisy chains

1stLite

just curious if anybody has much experience with them fishing chinooks onshore and what color worked best for them.There a little pricey but if they work its always nice to play fish without a flasher.

LastChance,

Have you had better luck with other types of dummy flashers? I've used the Daisy Chains and caught fish but I have no idea if they work worse , the same, or better than just a plain old Hot Spot type dummy. What's have you found?

I have tried them successfully and like them in general BUT I could not figure out how to prevent the line twist created by them. I have tried all types of swivels - single and in series - but the twist kept occuring. Therefore I went back to the 'normal' style flasher.

quote:Originally posted by Slabby20

LastChance,

Have you had better luck with other types of dummy flashers? I've used the Daisy Chains and caught fish but I have no idea if they work worse , the same, or better than just a plain old Hot Spot type dummy. What's have you found?

I've used them as dummy flashers. I just don't see them being a natural imitation of anything, a flasher looks like a fish chasing a piece of bait, a Koner just looks like something flashing in my books.

But there are those that use them exclusivly and do all right, but hands down versus a regular thumper, I think a thumper will outfish it.

MAYBE they would show an edge for Coho, as light seems to really set them off.

My $0.02

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

quote:Originally posted by chris73

I have tried them successfully and like them in general BUT I could not figure out how to prevent the line twist created by them. I have tried all types of swivels - single and in series - but the twist kept occuring. Therefore I went back to the 'normal' style flasher.
Do you mean you made your own chain?

Because the off-the-shelf premade ones I've seen with 200# line don't twist.

Or are you using a daisy chain on your main line?

I've always though of them as a dummy flasher setup only.

I see that Hot Spot has their version of the inline flasher out now.

agitatorgreen_big.jpg

Yeah, I used them as inline flasher - not sure now if it was the Kone Zone brand or the Hot Spot - to me the same thing. I was told at the store that it can be and is frequently use as inline flasher. So I tried. Fish liked it. The line didn't. I even tried 3 bead chain swivels plus a ball bearing swivel ahead of it to prevent the twist. It only slowed it a bit. :( It was so much more fun to play fish with this kind of flasher due to the little drag. If someone has a non-twist idea, please, I'd love to hear it.

if you like playing fish without the flasher drag try a gibbs release flasher they are a rotating flasher but when you get a fish one end pops free and it just hangs off your line no drag,seems to work well.

Back