Kitty Coleman / Quadra hump Winter 2011 / 2012

Is the Kitty Hump the same 'Hump' as the one you hear talked about on the south end of Quadra?

No, they are 2 different areas, about 10 nautical miles apart. Kitty Coleman Hump is straight off Kitty Coleman Provincial Park/campsites and there is a ramp to launch from also.

The Hump off Cape Mudge is at the south end of Quadra Island, just before Campbell River. You can launch across from Big Rock Motel and run out to Cape Mudge.

Thanks Memories, I know the Kitty hump and have launched at the park before and it's easy to find. I was just paying around with my Navionics app and noticed I had labeled the coordinates for Kitty the same as this thread's title.

Heading out around 8am tomorrow if BWD is right. Anyone else gonna be out there?

Let us know how bad the bloom is. We hit the south end of hornby yesterday and trolled a couple hours in front of Tribune Flora.
there was so much that I could not wind the line in on the rods.It completely clogged the first couple eyes.the line was red slime from end to end. I kept having to stop and pick the globs off. We even tried having one guy winding and the other guy holding a rag over the line.It would build up so much it would not slide anymore. Kinda glad we did not get a fish.

Good luck out there. Hope it is better for you than was for us down there.

That sucks Ray. Guess I will have to find another place to fish for a while. The snot must have gone crazy in a hurry.

Didnt make it out. Buddy bailed on me in the morning. Headed to a local flow for some trout fishing and did well though!

LOrne

Fished Kitty from 7:30 till about noon today. Sunny and flat calm for the first 2 hours, then the wind picked up. Only one undersize on today. Algae bloom is just starting, can't see it in the water yet, but starting to get some on the lines and downriggers. Only saw one other boat.

What were you trying out there Vanisle? Is this early algae bloom a recent occurrence? I've seen it later in the season but never this early. Kinda concerned.:(;) eman

What were you trying out there Vanisle? Is this early algae bloom a recent occurrence? I've seen it later in the season but never this early. Kinda concerned.:(;) eman

Nothing new for here. Every year we start blooming Mar.-Apr. and it goes till May-June. Different on the WCVI they are later.

Back