Kitty Coleman / Quadra hump Winter 2011 / 2012

FishBC.org

Hit kitty today. 2 good hits, and then one stuck for three strikes. Got out there a bit late, and seemed like the bite was just coming off as I got on the water at 10:20 am. The one in the boat wasn't huge, but a keeper for sure, and the 2nd hit was a gooder. Pulled the clip out, and I had it in most of the way. Probably a teener. Army Trucks / Green Flashers. 187 feet.
Saw three other boats all day.

thanks for the report sir! will be heading out sooner then later, although tommorrow doesnt look to good with the 25k sse. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it sort of felt like the eye before the storm out there today. Heavy clouds all around, yet no rain, and dead calm water. I was worried about the SE's too but turned out to be a decent day for today. Good window to have snuck out. Keeping tabs for when things smarten up :)

Saw some guys hitting them on anchovies too.

See what you missed Lorne? So did I... Could not find anyone that was not busy today. And .ORG didn't call me....

Would have Owen but had a business associate onboard.. Was a meeting / fishing ... or was that fishing / meeting? Unsure!.

Sort of a late last night thingy.

Still not feeling 100% but I figured a bit of fresh air would help me a bit.

I have to tell you though that Kitty boat launch sucks at low tide, but for the record it's clean now to be trailered down. I took all the wood off it today. (Of course it will probably be cluttered again by the time the wind's all done)

Went home wet, and cold but happy.

Is the Kitty Coleman hump fairly straight forward to find?? how shallow does the hump come up??

It's basically straight out from the Kitty boat ramp app. two and a half miles. The Hump will rise up to 175 ft. app. from 280 ft. If you hit 300 ft. your probably past it. Generally if there are any other boats out , chances are they will be on the Hump. It's marked on the chart as a small circle with 48 fathoms marked on it. Good Luck.;) eman

I've fished that Hump for over thirty years in a 12ft. Lund. I shake my head now at some of the water I got caught up in.:eek: eman

Didnt fish myself, but was coming back in from duck hunting at comox marina and a few guys were launching heading out prawning. THey had 6 nice fish from kitty(so they said) on there boat already they got in the morning in a few hours. 6-12 pounds

Lorne

Going to give kitty a try on Saturday, has anybody been out and can give a report?
GLG

Hey GLG I would love to pot on this thread.... But it was started by .ORG.... We should start a new thread that is not related to a P/T guide...

Fished Kitty from 10 - 3 today. Hardly a ripple. Hit several, but lost the best one (12+ lbs) at the boat. Released a few undersize, lost 2 that felt good and bonked a 10 pounder. All on the bottom, purple haze flasher and cop car spoon. Fresh Spring on the BBQ tonight, best Easter dinner.

Well done Vanisle and thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great time out there.
I was out on Saturday but only managed to wash my gear.
GLG

Back