Kisinana - Been out fishin???

S

SIR

Hey K, have you been out at all in the last few weeks? Heard they have been doing well out at Grants the last little while but have not gone out that way yet myself. I'm still fishing to the north but was thinking about giving Grants a try on Tuesday - less gas :D and some good Ling spots....

Seems a little early for Grants yet to me, but if they are catchin fish then I guess not.

No I haven't been out, promised to paint the house from the honeydew list. Will be finished today. I can tell you Grants is hot at slack tide. Friends were out Thursday night there were 6 boats there and all but 2 limited out. Those 2 had 3 guys on board and 4 on the other, but they both had 4 fish. 22 in all. Backside of Harwood is still hot although there are a large number of small ones mixed in to throw back. Last Wednesday afternoon dinner time a friend took his niece and nephew out and they caught 4 keepers and threw back about 20 on back of Harwood.
Blubber Bay also good on Thursday couple of high teens and couple in the 20's

Well paint faster, there's fish out there!!!! :D

I was in MarineT yesterday and I thought I heard them saying that the back side of Harwood was closed again but I gotta say I can't find the DFO notice that says it is.... not that I ever fish there anyways... but confusion is a bad thing that can lead to expensive tickets for some.

FYI my boats name is the Island Explorer, 20' welded aluminum and we always have the radio on 16 if we're out. Mayby we'll see you out on Grant's some time this year.

Ian Hobbs

Hey Kisinana, thanks for the report. SIR, looks like you were dead on with the info you passed on to me a couple of weeks ago. Heading out to Nootka, Esperanza and Tahsis later this week, I will let you know how I made out. Seawolf 1

Back