Kicker engine stolen in Qualicum

I just noticed that my 9.9 Mercury kicker was stolen off my boat while it was parked on my property in Qualicum.

Does anyone know if it can be covered by my house insurance? I will find out tomorrow when the office opens but am wondering if I should file a police report now if it is important for the claim.

I just noticed that my 9.9 Mercury kicker was stolen off my boat while it was parked on my property in Qualicum.

Does anyone know if it can be covered by my house insurance? I will find out tomorrow when the office opens but am wondering if I should file a police report now if it is important for the claim.

Where about in Qualicum? An Picts, sorry to hear that

Stolen from Qualicum Woods neighbourhood. Reported it and the constable said there was a dirt bike and a few other things stolen last night in Qualicum so maybe related.

The big thing for insurance is that a "tool" is needed to remove it. Wrench, key, etc

This is why it is always a good idea to put a good lock on the mounting bolt levers. It ensures that a tool of some kind be used to remove the engine. Be it a key, bolt cutters, saw etc etc etc... The other thing is actually having photographical evidence to back up the fact that the motor was locked in the first place. Insurance companies will try to screw you out of money you deserve, by any means possible.

I wouldn't be surprised that it has to be physically inside your home to qualify for home coverage.

Back