Kicker Angle

coholips

Just mounted my new to me 9.9 Yamaha to the bracket mount on my swim grid. The bracket is at a 90 degree angle instead of following the transoms angle if that makes any sense. So the kicker points up a little bit away from the transom as if it was trimmed up......am I making sense? So just wanted some input as to the possible downside to my setup. The bracket itself is a skookum welded unit that has been properly installed to the swim grid...... I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Just mounted my new to me 9.9 Yamaha to the bracket mount on my swim grid. The bracket is at a 90 degree angle instead of following the transoms angle if that makes any sense. So the kicker points up a little bit away from the transom as if it was trimmed up......am I making sense? So just wanted some input as to the possible downside to my setup. The bracket itself is a skookum welded unit that has been properly installed to the swim grid...... I'll post some pics tomorrow.
can you remove the pin of the kicker may give you a bit more down angle. I took the pin out of my 6hp never need to reverse with them on such a big boat anyway.

can you remove the pin of the kicker may give you a bit more down angle. I took the pin out of my 6hp never need to reverse with them on such a big boat anyway.
Thanks for the info...I definitely can remove the pin....I'll give it a go tomorrow and post my findings

For a kicker probly won't matter much. However 10 or 11 degree is standard Transom angle fyi

On my boat when I was getting pictures during the build one thing that I thought was odd was that the kicker bracket was on a different angle than the pod. Not to mention that I'm slightly OCD...lol but I'm working on it. However my builder nailed everything else it and this was no exception. With the kicker mounted and trimmed down it is in line with the transom. I just bump it up a hair from trimmed all the way down to eliminate a vibration when trolling. Like has been mentioned probably not nearly as important with the kicker angle but just not as efficient especially if it's not in the water far enough.

Attachments

• pic69.jpg
    pic69.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 98
  • pic228.jpg
    pic228.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 94
On my boat when I was getting pictures during the build one thing that I thought was odd was that the kicker bracket was on a different angle than the pod. Not to mention that I'm slightly OCD...lol but I'm working on it. However my builder nailed everything else it and this was no exception. With the kicker mounted and trimmed down it is in line with the transom. I just bump it up a hair from trimmed all the way down to eliminate a vibration when trolling. Like has been mentioned probably not nearly as important with the kicker angle but just not as efficient especially if it's not in the water far enough.

I do the same. Trim up to avoid vibe. it actually seems like better thrust too and helps with the left turn boat push compared with trimmed all the way down.

Is that an optical illusion or does that kicker bracket drag in the water big time while you're getting moving?

Is that an optical illusion or does that kicker bracket drag in the water big time while you're getting moving?

Must just be the angle of the photo. The bracket is out of the water by about 3” at rest and a bit more when running. He did paint the bottom couple of inches on the bracket to be safe I guess but it doesn’t t ever sit in the water. I’ll see if I have anything when it’s in the water.

Last edited:
Back