Ketchikan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Exploring the option to run up to Ketchikan this summer. I’d be fishing north Rupert and thinking to run up to fish Ketchikan for a couple days. Would make a visit to customs so we can do some touring around town. I’ve gone into Alaska to do Hali’s but just in and out on the boat and yes with a US license.
Looking for info or heads up from anyone that has gone into SE Alaska to fish.

Thanks,

Exploring the option to run up to Ketchikan this summer. I’d be fishing north Rupert and thinking to run up to fish Ketchikan for a couple days. Would make a visit to customs so we can do some touring around town. I’ve gone into Alaska to do Hali’s but just in and out on the boat and yes with a US license.
Looking for info or heads up from anyone that has gone into SE Alaska to fish.

Thanks,
Going to Alaska to catch Canadian salmon? Maximum size Halibut 7 minutes out of Rupert.I’d go for the king crab mind you!

Last edited:
Going to Alaska to catch Canadian salmon? Maximum size Halibut 7 minutes out of Rupert.I’d go for the king crab mind you!
Might as well that’s where most of the Canadian fish seem to be getting scooped up. If you can’t beat ‘em join em!
Bigger keeper Hali in Alaska plus increase the overall catch besides its not all about the fish, my group is inclined to tour around a bit and explore but it seems as though you have better ideas so carry on with your 7 minute run to max Hali. Ya right!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back