Keel Guard

Well some things are too good to be true I guess. Got an email from the seller (Urban Inspirations) that a mistake was made in their inventory tracking, and the item is not available. They automatically refunded my credit card and offered 15% of when they get more stock. But they would not honor the original sale price of $60 when new stock is available. :(

Ended up ordering from Amazon the same but in white for $116, free shipping. They applied a $10 credit when I told them about the shenanigans with Urban Inspirations. So still a good deal in the end, but I have a strong suspicion that Urban Inspirations messed up with pricing the item on Amazon and used "out of stock" as an excuse to get out of taking a loss.

Tubber, did you get the same response from Urban Inspirations?

haha , speaking of amazon screw up, we ordered a bucket of knives, was supposed to be 12 filet knives in a 5 gallon pail,, when shipped we got two buckets with 36 knives in each.. good deals on cheap filet knives comin to bam this season.

I just followed instructions, and got a good bond. I would be careful where the aft end terminates so not to interfere with trailer support. My trailer has a "v-shaped" support for the forward part of the keel, and has a slick poly surface mated against the hull. My keel guard's aft end terminated a few feet forward of said support, and I figured all would be well. Murphy's Law comes into play, and sure enough, when launching my Pursuit all the weight is on the keel and sliding aft on this poly surface until it comes in contact with the keel guard, then oops...... the keel guard bond gives a little, and when you retrieve the boat back onto the trailer, you see a problem of 12-18" of de-bonded keel guard. My solution after putting another keel guard on, and having the same problem, was a) apply 3M 5200 to de-bonded surface, which had the same results, b) launch trailer much deeper in the water, which works, c) cut keel guard from 8' (if I remember) to approx. 7', which solved problem.

I sure like coming into beaches with such product and would recommend.

good luck. DAJ

Back