Jumper on Lion's Gate Bridge today

That is somebodies loved one so joking about it publicly is in bad taste. I am a fireman in Vancouver and sadly I have been to a few skytrain jumpers just as many guys on the job have been to different types of suicides. And no it is not newsworthy because sadly it is all too common. It is only newsworthy for traffic reports. And yes it does get discussed and debriefed after we come back from these calls and yes the black humour can come out, first responders way of dealing with an ugly scene. But like a tell the young guys on the job any discussion goes on behind closed doors.[/QUOTE

Work for Skytrain for over 15 years...... agree 100%

I think they did fence the GG bridge in Frisco some years back. It's been a decade or better since I crossed it and I don't recall seeing any fencing but common sense would have it to place the fence lower than travel lane level. Maybe its viewable from below. That's a place I've never been. In the Bay yes, but not under the bridge.

Seattle's Space Needle is fenced as it was a hot spot for jumpers.

Think they'll fence the Lion's Gate??

Yep the fence will go up, but so will a toll booth to pay for it cause we're broke ya know!

Back