JUGHEAD Update & Pics

A,J
Thank you for the goods.
I have no pic's but I can say they work and they work very well.My last trip the jughead out fished all other lure's two too one on coho and pinks.

Atta buoy catfisher. Good work, knock 'em dead!

I get reports and pics all the time. I posted one pic recently to maybe give the hint... I'd post them all but it would seem like I'm trying to stack the deck here. Post your pics here please, I'll send you more Juggies!
I got an email with pics about an hour ago from a fella outside of Ukee, S.W. corner. He says this morning Jughead has out-fished the teaser head on the other rod by 6 to 1, same bait - 6" Herring. Double header with Jughead being the first hit.
Also, got an email from a fella up island who has filmed 100's of hours of hundreds of lures underwater. He didn't put a hook with the hootchie in a Jughead, just wanted to see if Jughead was all it's cracked up to be.
He has never seen what he saw when he put Jughead down. He said the footage is shocking. "Magic" he called. The subject line in his email was "AJ start making a lot of lures!".
I won't describe what he told me as I have yet to see the footage. I will say that the action was constant ...that poor Hootchie.
Can't wait to see the video...

Last edited by a moderator:
AJ -- to help you with the next wave of growing your business, maybe consider getting yourself a Kickstarter campaign going? Kickstarter have now moved into Canada -- helps you get the word out there and sell them to a global audience. There have been some extremely innovative products get their kickoff funding from Kickstarter -- this one was one of my favourites: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dynamodirk/magnic-light-get-new-energy

Received my batches of Jugheads -- unfortunately didn't get them prior to our big trip to Bamfield, but we have another trip scheduled for this coming weekend and I look forward to posting some reports.

AJ do you have any good links to photos etc for dressing your Jughead? Maybe consider putting in your sig as this forum topic is getting quite large. Would live to see various colour schemes and rigging techniques others have used...

Received my batches of Jugheads -- unfortunately didn't get them prior to our big trip to Bamfield, but we have another trip scheduled for this coming weekend and I look forward to posting some reports.

AJ do you have any good links to photos etc for dressing your Jughead? Maybe consider putting in your sig as this forum topic is getting quite large. Would live to see various colour schemes and rigging techniques others have used...

Ya I'll put something together there Tenmile, ty. I've seen and heard of many diff things guys are doing to Juggy. I'll try to duplicate and will post what I have.
The custom colours thing that I've started is basically endless too. Wow. I'm just doing a set called "Nucks Home" and a set called "Nucks Away" for a guy ...very cool. I'll post pics.

This is what the fellow was using this morning outside of Ukee. Looks like an XL Jughead to me. Said the Glow caught 1 or 2 more than the clear (don't know if that means anything).
Some use the fwd toothpick hole, some use the back, some use both, some people say this alone changes the action ..?

It looks like he has the leader line toothpicked where the leader comes out the bottom of Jughead, to the swivel and hook. Some will stack beads up instead, some guys will toothpick a bead there too for the same reason.

...hope he pinched that barb :cool:
View attachment 8483

It looks like he has the leader line toothpicked where the leader comes out the bottom of Jughead, to the swivel and hook. Some will stack beads up instead, some guys will toothpick a bead there too for the same reason.

...hope he pinched that barb :cool:

...like I said lol. Looks he's just rigged it up tho. I can see loose scales from handling the bait.

Ordered Aug 1 received Aug 8 with long weekend in between.
Great service and great looking product. Even threw in a few freebees.
Thanks AJ.
I will be putting these to the test in WH, where the men fish, this weekend.

Hey AJ the new secret colors arrived, they look deadly :cool:
Needed to whisper cause I dont want the fish to jump in the boat after them till I can get to it next week. LOL
Will shoot you some pics soon

...wholy. just got back on line. Read all the messages. I lost my motherboard the other day. Was up all night trying to recover data and all day today reprogramming the new #%*@%!!! pc. Still trying to talk to the 3D printer ...I'm close. I'll be back producing tonight sometime. I will respond to all messages and emails a.s.a.p. tmrw. Going to take a couple hour nap right now... hopefully :)

took this tasty fella off of entrance on the jughead with medium anchovy at 120' end of june

Atta buoy jeffy! More Jugheads for you...

I'm still not producing Jugheads as of this morning. Should be up and running in the next hour or 2.
To all the people that recently sent emails and pm's for Jugheads, I will respond and send invoices when I'm confident everything is going smooth. As stated, prob in the next couple hours.

Here are a couple more examples of colours I did earlier this week...

Nucks Home, Nucks Away

Nucks Home, Nucks Away.jpg

Plug Jug

View attachment 8503

Would sure like to get the ones I ordered and paid for last year ???

Hourston I just pm-ed you.
As I recall, I sent Jugheads to you twice last year and you didn't get them... I also gave you my ph number to call if you're in Nanaimo. You said you called, I didn't get a call, nor was there a phone mssg left.
Jugheads have disappeared in the mail a few times. This year 2 and 1/2 orders never made it. I resent to these people. The 1/2 order showed up with the Jugheads dumped in the envelope, no baggie and no card, short 4 pieces and the extra goodies I put in EACH parcel.

So now you come on here and put me on front street and criticize my service like I ripped you off. Refuse to retract your statement until you get your Jugheads. So now I'm putting you on front street.
I'll tell you what Hourston, I'm going to send your money back to you because that's the kind of guy I am, but I'm not sending you any more Jugheads.

On another note... I'm back up and running! I will process your orders A.S.A.P. in the order that I received them.
Thanks again all!!

What length leader were you running with the jughead behind the flasher? Just wanted to make sure I wasnt ruining the action of the juggy.

What length leader were you running with the jughead behind the flasher? Just wanted to make sure I wasnt ruining the action of the juggy.

Heya burnsy... In the new video, I believe that his leader length is about 4'. Personally, I use about 6' from the flasher ...IF I drag Jughead behind a flasher.
Jughead was initially designed to drag without a flasher. The fact that it does drag well behind a flasher is a bonus but, I think it inhibits Jughead's own action somewhat. Hence the 6' lead.
Try dragging a flasher 20' below Jughead too. Or, piggy-back off the flasher on the other side of the boat, 20' to 40' above or below Jughead.
Fighting fish without the flasher is a different animal. I highly recommend it :)

One more thing, don't be intimidated by going too fast. 2.8 to 3.5 is not too much. Fish can swim very fast, especially when they have a target in their crosshairs.
Jughead works awesome at these speeds. Fish them like a plug, bait or no bait. With Jughead, you can drag bait all day at these speeds. When a fish hits, it hits like a truck. I always use 40lb Maxima leader with fresh knots, always.
Also, you're covering more ground...

AJ,
Please check your email. I sent you two emails regarding an order.
Mike

Gotcha fine Mike. One word - customs. The odd pkg gets hung up in there for a day or 2.
Email gets a little overwhelming at times. I apologize for not reading it immediately, just read it bud.

On another note ...I agree with a few people that this thread is getting a little too deep. I will start a new Jughead thread tmrw. I'm bushed right now. Gonna grab a few winks here... printer finishes at 04:15.

Check out the new vid - JUGHEAD ALIVE! - comments, critiques please, if you will ...link below.

Back