Jughead new!

all three of the haze nano's on the bottom have peaked my interest :) cant wait to try these on the abundant coho fishing right now..

Was told that Jugheads work better if you put a bead in front of the nose of the hoochy so that the head is free to wiggle more......this true?

Had good action with a jughead and a standard green splatterback hootchy and an x-tra large juggie with a 6 inch pearl glow wench hoochy-both stuffed with anchovy. Great idea given to me by Tortuga. Take anchovy's that you have used as bait and would normally throw over the side. Cut the head off,cut the stomach out leaving really only a cylinder of back bone and tail. Push the line back through the eye of your first snelled hook giving you a loop. Put the anchovy cylinder through the loop tighten -push up into the hootchy and fish as usual.

Attachments

• DSC01315.jpg
    DSC01315.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 410
Had good action with a jughead and a standard green splatterback hootchy and an x-tra large juggie with a 6 inch pearl glow wench hoochy-both stuffed with anchovy. Great idea given to me by Tortuga. Take anchovy's that you have used as bait and would normally throw over the side. Cut the head off,cut the stomach out leaving really only a cylinder of back bone and tail. Push the line back through the eye of your first snelled hook giving you a loop. Put the anchovy cylinder through the loop tighten -push up into the hootchy and fish as usual.

Very Nice Fever! Good Luck in the contest bud! Get all your "Friends" to "Like" your photo :)

Hi All, I've been following this thread, and I'm looking forward to taking these for a spin! I use the XL (7") inch chovies and fish mostly around Sooke. Bloody nose anchovie specials have been my go to head to this point. What combinations do you suggest a guy starts with?

Cheers, 777

Just picked up a pack of meds and a pack of XL. Going to be testing them at Malcolm Island next week, against some very consistent gear. Now I have to figure out how to rig them! I've looked at the diagram on the ack, but I'm still struggling. Bead, bead chain, siwash? Let the single hook dangle???

Just picked up a pack of meds and a pack of XL. Going to be testing them at Malcolm Island next week, against some very consistent gear. Now I have to figure out how to rig them! I've looked at the diagram on the ack, but I'm still struggling. Bead, bead chain, siwash? Let the single hook dangle???

Got to admit it's a leap of faith-concept is the bait swims rather than rolls-hence the free hook. If you're
not sure put your regular chovy rig out one side and the jug out the other-at least it will be a fair test. Be warned -with the x-tra large jugs they should probably be fished without a flasher-if you insist on a flasher give it at least 60 inches as they tend to pick up the flasher occasionally. Had good success in Baja with them and the 6 inch pearl glow wench hootchys here.

Thanks for this. I will be dragging the XL sans flasher. Just bumping over the gravel, hunting chickens. The Jughead website has taught me how to rig. Now it's another trip to the store for more bits!

Here's a nice one on a juggy in front of kains island.
ebyvyruq.jpg

Picked up some Clear UV heads. Has anyone tried running tandem hooks with these? Thinking of trying with a stinger

Back