Jughead new!

May, 17 - Five Fingers

Jack doesn't do SFBC on the interweb so I'll brag for him :)
24 lber, first fish on a solo dbl header hit the Jughead and hoochie, dragged behind a Kite Tail Flasher.
2nd fish was 18 lbs..? I think... on a "non-descript" spoon and flasher in the pic.
Back to the wharf in under an hour. Well done Jack! Good luck in the Photo Contest bud!

Jack 2.jpg

21 lbs glow juggie 145 ft mile off fingers just now
ju5ypune.jpg
zadyme2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for the jug head guys, So far what's the preferred set up? Longer leader (50"??) behind a flasher or avoid having a flasher in line and just use a dummy. What's been working?

Question for the jug head guys, So far what's the preferred set up? Longer leader (50"??) behind a flasher or avoid having a flasher in line and just use a dummy. What's been working?

I've run mine 6-7' behind a standard flasher. Also experimented running them above dummy flashers attached to the cannonball. This year will be trying them behind inline, triangular flashers. I've caught fish on all setups I've tried so far...still waiting for evidence of any one method rising above the others.

Well it looks like jeffywestcoast is winning the Show Us Your Jugs photo contest for May. Atta buoy Jeffy! Entrants have until June 15 to compile "Likes" for their May fish on YouTube.

1st Prize for May is a Fenwick HMX Mooching Rod.

These 2 lucky fellows are the first 2 entrants for the June photo contest. Stan (in red) with a beauty 18 lber and Bob (in blue) with a dandy 15 lber. Both fish caught on needlefish and Jughead in Barkley Sound on the morning of June 4. Stan's leader was 55" and Bob's leader was 42".

1st prize for June is an Islander MR3 Mooching Reel!

Stan Faas.jpg

Bob Crooke.jpg

Good Luck All! Keep Your Rod Tip Up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nano Jug Update:
We've made a last minute alteration to the Nano Jughead mold. Unfortunately, this means the production date has been delayed and they will not be available this month. When I get an ETA I will post.
Until then, I will be making custom Nano Jugs on my 3D printer. If you're looking for a specific colour-match, drop me a line at FishWhisperer@hotmail.ca

Good Luck All! And Happy Father's Day to all the Dads :)

CONGRATS Jeffywestcoast!
Winner, winner chicken dinner! Jeff just won a FENWICK 10'6" HMX MOOCHING/DOWNRIGGER ROD! (not the chicken dinner).
Jeff got the most "Likes" on FaceBook in May for a photo of his 21 lb Chinook caught on a Green Spatterback Hoochie & Jughead combo.
Well Done Jeff! Good on ya bud. Check your pm :eek:)

The Show Us Your Jugs! photo contest continues thru August. The photo with the most "Likes" in June receives an ISLANDER MR3 MOOCHING REEL! There's also 2nd & 3rd Place! So enter your Jughead photos and start piling up the "Likes".
Now, who could use a new Islander MR3? ...I sure could :)

Good Luck! Keep Your Rod Tip Up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ..right on! Thanks AJ cant wait to giver a Go. And Thanks JUGHEADSHAKER!! Oh and also Albernifisher on the Net job!here one last look at the 21 lber :) 003.jpg

Back