JRC radar with dome

23Hourston

JRC radar 1500 MK 2 LCD radar working great last season comes with cables Dome etc.
unit was flush mounted so no stand mount.
offers on 500 obo also guaranteed to work8651B2CB-B3FF-4C1A-98E1-54D1B48658B3.jpeg

I've got the same one and it works great for closer distances
^^^^x2 We also have the identical unit. May not be the newest and latest technology, but it works just fine for our needs. Good luck with your new unit...

I have the same one - real quality and long lasting. It has been great and we have had no problems with it for over 10 years and the previous owner for about 5 years before that. It has been uncovered and exposed to the harsh salt water and air for all of that time. The Japan Radio Corporation (JRC) has mostily made quality large commercial radars and I am not sure they even make these small sport boat radar systems anymore. If I had seen this one earlier I would have bought it for spare parts. Having it stand alone from your other navigation systems is in my view a saftey feature.

If it does not come with the manual, you are welcome to a photo-copy of my manual. I am in Victoria. Send me a private message with your phone # if you need it.

Last edited:
I have the same one - real quality and long lasting. It has been great and we have had no problems with it for over 10 years and the previous owner for about 5 years before that. It has been uncovered and exposed to the harsh salt water and air for all of that time. The Japan Radio Corporation (JRC) has mostily made quality large commercial radars and I am not sure they even make these small sport boat radar systems anymore. If I had seen this one earlier I would have bought it for spare parts. Having it stand alone from your other navigation systems is in my view a saftey feature.

If it does not come with the manual, you are welcome to a photo-copy of my manual. I am in Victoria. Send me a private message with your phone # if you need it.
PM sent

I just installed the 1000 MRK 2 but haven’t used it yet. When you say close? Any tips?
I mounted mine with a fallers wedge in the front to slope the antennae down a bit so it will be level when on plane.

Practise with it when it's not foggy is my best advise. Also concentrate on the lower range scales as it doesn't have the power the new ones do. On 1/2 mile i can pick up 16 ft zodiacs @ 200 yards

I mounted mine with a fallers wedge in the front to slope the antennae down a bit so it will be level when on plane.

Practise with it when it's not foggy is my best advise. Also concentrate on the lower range scales as it doesn't have the power the new ones do. On 1/2 mile i can pick up 16 ft zodiacs @ 200 yards

Thanks that’s what I was looking for. Got into a bad situation coming home last year and ferry horns scare me. Then the tow boats are out there too. Short distance is good enough. I’ll get a a grandkid to help me figure it out when it’s not foggy Thanks again

Back