Jordan River Boat Launch

If I recall it was on the campsite side where the river comes out might be ok for a tinny I guess but you'd have to hit it at higher tide & god knows what it would be like if there was any sort of a surf break.

And they moved the logs out of the way enough that you can get access to it. Definitely need 4x4, not enough traction in the gravel otherwise. Wouldn't do it with a bigger boat! The bar is shifty and shallow at low tide, and if there's any swell at all ... you better be very patient waiting for a lull, or better know what you're doing motoring in waves.

Last fall we were out surfing, saw a guy run the bar in about a 24' in surf conditions -- I think dropping someone off on shore. He was going in slow, worried about the bottom I guess, and a set crept up on him. A small wave, probably waist to chest high, over took him, he turned very slightly broadside to avoid pitch poling, and suddenly he's quartered to it and surfing down, hit the bottom and halfway turtled, could see base of boat and prop. Figured for sure it was going over, but it righted itself and off he went -- and a lot faster on the way back out!

It's do-able, but be careful... "luckily" there's not really any surf from May-Sept (lucky for boaters, unlucky for surfers)

And they moved the logs out of the way enough that you can get access to it. Definitely need 4x4, not enough traction in the gravel otherwise. Wouldn't do it with a bigger boat! The bar is shifty and shallow at low tide, and if there's any swell at all ... you better be very patient waiting for a lull, or better know what you're doing motoring in waves.

Last fall we were out surfing, saw a guy run the bar in about a 24' in surf conditions -- I think dropping someone off on shore. He was going in slow, worried about the bottom I guess, and a set crept up on him. A small wave, probably waist to chest high, over took him, he turned very slightly broadside to avoid pitch poling, and suddenly he's quartered to it and surfing down, hit the bottom and halfway turtled, could see base of boat and prop. Figured for sure it was going over, but it righted itself and off he went -- and a lot faster on the way back out!

It's do-able, but be careful... "luckily" there's not really any surf from May-Sept (lucky for boaters, unlucky for surfers)
Any updates on the status of this launch. Gonna be out in Jordan river at beginning of June and wondering about bringing the 16 footer,.

you can do it at a high tide so you can get over the bar , usually have to winch your unit back out as you can get stuck easy

Back