Johnson Lake

H

howsitgoin

Big Derby going on at Pinaus June 26, so have decided to go to Johnson Lake out of Louis Creek instead. I understand this is a very clear lake. Any tips for fishing this lake in late June and patterns to use? Thanks.

Hey there,
Hvent had a chance to fish, Johnson Lake, although if it is clear, my be interesting... Like most lakes in BC from mid May, to end August, chronomids, will be the food of choice for trout...(when the hatch is on) However, scuds will work excelent. (shrimp) Used on a floating line, with a long leader, or a number II sinking line retrieved with 2-3 inch twitches.
Dont forget if the lake is clear, to keep a Low profile... (especialy if in a regular boat)

Was up at Doreen Lake Thursday June 3rd... Fishing kinda slow until the wind picked up, and blew all of the giant black ants on the water...
Hooked into 2 nice ones about 26 inches on the dryfly....
as soon as the hatch was done... so was the day.

thanks man...26" on dry fly...awesome....thanks for the tips on the scuds....have been phoning around and most lakes have been slow this past week...have a great summer....will let you know how we do at Johnson....

Where is Doreen Lake. My brother lives in Westbank and I have heard him mention this lake before, in fact I think that is where he used to go Deer hunting when we were kids back in the 50's & 60's. Is this the lake you are talking about? and the Brown lake you mentioned...is this the brown lake up off Hwy33?

hey thanks for the info...born and raised in Westbank,so was just wondering if it was the same Doreen lake...good luck on the lakes this summer...

just got back from Johnson Lake...pretty stormy...but caught some nice fish in the clearest waters I've ever seen...very bright Kamploops trout that you could see 30 feet down off the shoals....gotta love BC......

Yes browne lake is located just off hwy 33 past bigwhite.
near Mcculoch lake.,
fishing can be pretty good. I belive it has been recently stocked however.

Back