John Koury

vetteman

For those of you who may be interested, Nanaimo/Cowichan Conservative candidate John Koury has asked to speak to the members of the Nanaimo F & G Club and he's going to get his wish. When I asked his campaign manager, Reed Elley what he wanted to talk about he answered that he wanted to address the gun control issue. That was fine with me but then I asked if he would address the issues that we are facing with Gail Shea and her group. Reed said that he probably would. So there you have it. Tuesday the 26th of April at the Nanaimo F & G property, John will speak to us and then answer questions starting at about 7:30 or so.
You guys are all welcome to attend but I do ask that you keep things civil.
Dave

X2 Nice post, good idea for us to call the candidates out and ask them to tell us their position on this. Sends a clear message. Brilliant.

Probably? That's what the CP said? Not good enough.
This guy is obviously clueless as are the rest of the current regime.
I hope someone is running tape when he 'gets' your question.

That haven't listened to halibut quota, and BC issues. If they were serious it would have been done before. Only message I am giving him is not voting for him.

Smiley66

Then why don't you come and tell him that!
Dave

Can anyone report on the Nanaimo Fish & Game meeting with John Koury?

I can.
John was confirmed to be at the meeting but on Tuesday morning I heard on the news that he would be at an All Candidates meeting that night at the same time. He chose to attend the AC meeting so in his place Reed Elley showed up along with a local party exec. Reed did go as far as to say that with regards to the Halibut issue we are facing, his party(Gail Shea)is wrong in the way it's being handled and that John supports the 80/20 split that we as sportsfishers would like to see. That's about the extent of things. They were gone in 15 minutes. It would have been nice had I been notified that John wasn't going to attend but no one seemed to think that it was necessary.
Dave

Back