Joansing for thursday morning to arrive..

John Ingram

All my spinning gear ready to go,new buzz bombs,zingers and zildas in the tackle bag. Fresh 17lb test line..... I'm going to be camping on the 9th hole of the Golf Links for the month of August.... I'll only leave if I have a salmon to dress at the marina... stop by and say hello....

I sure hope they don't change the reg's before then. <>< >')))))))))><

Me thinks it will be a gong show out there. :(;):oops::eek::)

Won't be out next week **** tides, going to week after
Always had my best fishing at the Golf Course in the afternoon and early evening.... 2pm-8pm. I can't do the morning bite there any more.
The sunrise is right in your face for 4 or 5 hours ... from sunrise till about 8am. You will bake badly and go through about 2 gallons of liquid.

Always had my best fishing at the Golf Course in the afternoon and early evening.... 2pm-8pm. I can't do the morning bite there any more.
The sunrise is right in your face for 4 or 5 hours ... from sunrise till about 8am. You will bake badly and go through about 2 gallons of liquid.

Yeah i was referring to fishing this week at sandheads in Vancouver. I echo your statement about baking in the august fishery, brutally hot some times, lots of times end up with a headache at the end of the day,

Yeah i was referring to fishing this week at sandheads in Vancouver. I echo your statement about baking in the august fishery, brutally hot some times, lots of times end up with a headache at the end of the day,
Don't you just go inside and take a nap on the couch while you're fishing?

Don't you just go inside and take a nap on the couch while you're fishing?

At the golf course it's just rocks.... no couch. The area that you spin cast from is facing directly east... No relief from the morning
sun and nowhere to get away from it.

Your talking Victoria golf course right? Not a big fan of fishing there with all the rich jerks giving me funny looks. Heard of some big fish caught there though, maybe I’ll give it a shot again

Your talking Victoria golf course right? Not a big fan of fishing there with all the rich jerks giving me funny looks. Heard of some big fish caught there though, maybe I’ll give it a shot again

yes the Victoria Golf Course in Oak Bay... I fish just below the ninth hole. Not to much parking before 11am as most of the ground workers are there from sunrise till aprox. 11am. The parking is on the high side of the hill on Beach drive. Then I just follow the gravel path down to the lower fairways,waiting for the golfers to play through then scoot over to the ninth hole. Over the years the management has been sticky about going across the course. Some years the course has gotten trashed by students and grads.
and they try and keep everyone out... if you have to you can always walk the shoreline from the small park to the west off of Hood Ln. and then down to Radcliff ln.to get to Gonzales point.

Thinking you may have company soon....

;)
Not a problem at all. It's been very lonely down there for the last few years. Twenty years ago it was wall to wall.
I have seen 20 guys and gals all crossing lines and trying to fish down there on a good year.

Last weekend: Lots of bait between there and Trial Island at the bottom of the ebb, which gets blown right past the links when the flood starts to push.

Back