Jack Brooks coho clip jamboree...May 24 and 25 (sat-sun) - Sooke

For those of us coming for the first time - anything we need to know in advance ?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us coming for the first time - anything we need to know in advance ?
if you are on the downhill side of the table, expect your feet to get wet (so boots?), if you have fingers the size of blue wolf, expect an adventure using the scissors!? :D

It's pretty straight forward - may take a few to get used to it, and when they wake up (not drugged enough), it can be tricky, but you will figure out the best way to clip after a few minutes of it! For sunday (looks like rain), you may get wet - they have a tent that is usually up, but with alot of people, there could be some overflow. Just dress for it.

if you are on the downhill side of the table, expect your feet to get wet (so boots?), if you have fingers the size of blue wolf, expect an adventure using the scissors!? :D

It's pretty straight forward - may take a few to get used to it, and when they wake up (not drugged enough), it can be tricky, but you will figure out the best way to clip after a few minutes of it! For sunday (looks like rain), you may get wet - they have a tent that is usually up, but with alot of people, there could be some overflow. Just dress for it.

Unfortunately, the other 2 people that I was trying to bring can't come, so if there are others at there please come on out on Sat or Sun to help out. Bottom line is if you like to keep more clipped coho then now is the time to put into the process to do just that.

I am still working on clearing my day sat. I can't clear the morning. Can I come up late morning or is a pain to have someone let me in? Are there others that are leaving early who I could possibly time the gate opening with?
Angus

I am still working on clearing my day sat. I can't clear the morning. Can I come up late morning or is a pain to have someone let me in? Are there others that are leaving early who I could possibly time the gate opening with?
Angus

I see Dave (Deewar25) has not responded and we are meeting at the gate in a few hours so hopefully he won’t mind me budding in. I would not think this is a problem if you want to come later. Just call the hatchery number Deewar25 provided 250-642-0031 for late arrivals if the gate is not open, someone should be able to come and get you in a few minutes. It seems like they may really need all the help they can get this year. Many hands make light work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deewar25 et al: My knee is in bad shape right now and I won't be able to assist with the clipping. About the only thing I can do is lie on the couch and pop pain killers, sorry for the late notice but I had hoped it would have gotten better, not worse. My helper will not be coming as I am not attending.

...Rob

day 1 down - huge thanks to all those that came out - we did well today - I 'think' it was 26k or so? Nice to meet a few forum faces in the crew and of course always enjoy the burgers - the best around! I think there are about 22k in store for you guys tomorrow, so finish em off for us! Just a reminder for those that go out first time, don't go straight into camp bernard, you will want to take a right just before that - follow down the hill once you are through the gate, and take the right at the fork in the road.

rodger,,did some clipping calisthenics to ready our fingers...:)

Ready to go! Thanks for doing the lions share today! Bringing my own mini scissors too. See you at the gate. Xena

Sunday,record turnout,clipping done before noon,many new faces...:)

Tnx

Back