Jack Brooks coho clip jamboree...May 24 and 25 (sat-sun) - Sooke

I think its usually around a 9am start, typically goes to 2 or so? Will get specifics closer to the time. Can also do half days if you can tag off with someone at lunch or something.

Sorry I hadn't checked back here for a bit. I just had one thing clear up so it may look good for Saturday. I will get back to you as soon as possible with availability for Saturday.
Angus

bump- I imagine more volunteers are needed. Who is available?

bump- I imagine more volunteers are needed. Who is available?

would be a shame to have to release a bunch unclipped. I assume as they said we could set up 25 people each day, there are that many available to clip. Right now including my crew its now 12 saturday 12 Sunday. Seemed to be much easier recruiting last year.

would be a shame to have to release a bunch unclipped. I assume as they said we could set up 25 people each day, there are that many available to clip. Right now including my crew its now 12 saturday 12 Sunday. Seemed to be much easier recruiting last year.

I will come on either Sat or Sun and will try to bring my wife and a buddy or two.

C'mon all you fishers who like to keep clipped cohos it is time to step up to the plate and volunteer some time to allow you to keep these fish!

I have tentative plans for camping. If it falls threw I'm in for whatever day you need me and maybe both. Ill contact a couple friends who might like to take there kids. Deewar can you send me a email I can give to him to contact you off site?

I can help on a weekday but that probably does not work, sorry i work weekends, if some guys want to do the friday or monday i am in.

I'll post hours closer to the time - it is usually around 9 to 2 or so - they may be able to arrange gate exit if you leave around lunch!? As a followup, asked Robert about the numbers this year - he said he has set aside more coho then normal and it should take 30 people 2 days to clip them....he said to provide 25 from our end, and so far, we are around 70 man hours short of being able to clip all - my math says thats around 15000 unclipped unless he is pushing longer hours than past years.

Deewar25: Put me down for 2 on Saturday (I will try to get more, will let you know if I am successful). I was there to clip 2 years ago so know the routine.

...Rob

a week away and still below capacity - both days, more so Sunday now. Any additional takers?

Where are all those Sooke guides;surely time well spent would pay dividends...:)

I'll send an email to the Peninsula Streamkeeper group to see if any of those guys might volunteer

here is the update from SSE

We meet each morning 8:15 to 8:30 at the gate on Butler main
If you are late call the hatchery at , 250-642-0031
We work through the morning , BBQ lunch and maybe to 1:30 or so depending on the mood<o:p></o>
People can leave at any time

I put a map to the gate on the first page.
This is what I have - if you aren't able to make as outlined, can you advise....if you can be added, would still be great as well.
Saturday
Thawk (+1?)
Tsquare
Rockfish + Silverspring
Nautigirl +1
Whole in the water +2?
Rob H + 1
Dabell +1
Consultants derby crew (3 or 4)

Sunday
Firelight +1
Lipripper +4
Kildonan (maybe, unlikely)
Karma +1
Xena +1
Frayedknot +1
Bent Tip +1

Im thinking of doing sat and sunday and possibly adding another person to each one. Not willing to see these fish uncipped!

-KK

yah...bring the old man out sat as well! Robert is fairly happy with our numbers - said they have a few more from their end to top it up a bit

Back