ISO: Campion aft seating backrests

MikePA

I know it's a long shotIshot, looking to buy some aft seating backrests to make the ride a bit more comfy for those in the back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-03-22-31-13.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-03-22-31-13.png
    323.3 KB · Views: 77
I did and they were $600 which I thought was a bit steep for what they were. Thanks!
If you go to a local marine upholstry shop, they could make you a pair at a lower cost. It just wouldn’t have the Campion logo in them.I could send the dimensions of the actual ones if that helps.

Not sure they could make the posts, brackets etc for less than $600. I think the factory price sounds pretty reasonable.:oops:

Just looking at that photo, it seems to me to make a pair of those seats with the bracket and hardware and the bottom seat's contour would not be cheap at a custom. And I'm just assuming that Champion sells the bottom with the top backrest. So probably cheaper for the backrest and bracket by a custom guy, doesn't hurt to ask.

I want to ride with Mike! That is a thoughtful captain!
usually peasants (like me) sit back there and our comfort is of no concern.

I want to ride with Mike! That is a thoughtful captain!
usually peasants (like me) sit back there and our comfort is of no concern.
haha I actually laughed
If you go to a local marine upholstry shop, they could make you a pair at a lower cost. It just wouldn’t have the Campion logo in them.I could send the dimensions of the actual ones if that helps.
Do you have these seats? Do you find they really improve the comfort of that position?

Just looking at that photo, it seems to me to make a pair of those seats with the bracket and hardware and the bottom seat's contour would not be cheap at a custom. And I'm just assuming that Champion sells the bottom with the top backrest. So probably cheaper for the backrest and bracket by a custom guy, doesn't hurt to ask.
They sell the upper part by itself, the lower seat comes standard.

How creative do you want to get if you cant find a factory one? Could easily build one for less than 600. Couple options that popped into my head that would look decent. Buy scotty mounts and adapters and fab up a nice seat back rest to match on the adapter. benefit is you could swap it out for rod holders or bait table and easily stored etc.

or get flag holder from seadog and buy a piece of stainless bar at the boat store and have it bent into a u shape and mount a back rest on it

Attachments

• scotty seat mount.jpg
    scotty seat mount.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 8
  • seat back 2.jpg
    seat back 2.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 8
  • seat rest.JPG
    seat rest.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 8
haha I actually laughed

Do you have these seats? Do you find they really improve the comfort of that position?
Depends on the number and age of the people. I have only been sitting in the peasants box on a short ride and it was pretty comfy with the back rest. I guess if you’re taking your guests out for a day of fishing, you wouldn’t want those seats at all as they get in the way of setting your lines or landing fish. But if you’re using your boat to cruise around and typically have more than four adults on board, you may want to get the back rests. Kids simply don’t care about the stuff.

How creative do you want to get if you cant find a factory one? Could easily build one for less than 600. Couple options that popped into my head that would look decent. Buy scotty mounts and adapters and fab up a nice seat back rest to match on the adapter. benefit is you could swap it out for rod holders or bait table and easily stored etc.

or get flag holder from seadog and buy a piece of stainless bar at the boat store and have it bent into a u shape and mount a back rest on it
Interesting idea...

Depends on the number and age of the people. I have only been sitting in the peasants box on a short ride and it was pretty comfy with the back rest. I guess if you’re taking your guests out for a day of fishing, you wouldn’t want those seats at all as they get in the way of setting your lines or landing fish. But if you’re using your boat to cruise around and typically have more than four adults on board, you may want to get the back rests. Kids simply don’t care about the stuff.
Ok thanks for the insight

Back