ISO: 14-16ft D.Eagle/Hourston

drpower

I am hoping to find a 14ft - 15 ft boat like a Double Eagle or Hourston Glascraft

Edit: I've been off the boards for many years but after taking 3 years away from guiding I'm wanting to get back out there and let my wife reel in some fish and set some crab traps around Victoria. Looking forward to fishing along side all of you once I've got a rig in the water with the help of everyone here, thank you.

Last edited:
My dad use to have a late 70's 16' DEagle factory hard top white/blue and I've seen really old 15' hard top DEagles although I can't confirm those were factory.

Well, I bit off more than I can chew. I have a 2015 Acura RDX AWD, I must have looked at the MDX towing capacity. The RDX towing capacity is only 1500lbs! That puts me in the 14ft or 15ft range. I have a class 3, 2" 600/4000lb hitch.

Well, I bit off more than I can chew. I have a 2015 Acura RDX AWD, I must have looked at the MDX towing capacity. The RDX towing capacity is only 1500lbs! That puts me in the 14ft or 15ft range. I have a class 3, 2" 600/4000lb hitch.

trade in for a truck lol crewcab itll be just as bad if not better on fuel then the rdx

trade in for a truck lol crewcab itll be just as bad if not better on fuel then the rdx
You couldn't have said it better. The RDX is the worst fuel efficiency vehicle I have ever had with pathetic tow capacity. What a bummer. Back to the drawing board I guess. Sorry for wasting everyone's time!

Had a 16 DE-HT with a 45 4strk Honda 28knt boat, this DE-ST 2strk 75 would be quick. I inquired on this boat but there was an offer within minutes of posting. Don't get much cleaner does it.

That is one clean ride. In an earlier reply I let everyone know my RDX won't tow that much weight, I need a smaller boat or switch out for a truck.

My bad. I saw 14-16’ wanted and hardtop especially so I posted a 16’ hardtop.

You can probably adjust the trailer a bit to balance the weight for towing.

The RDX is a measly 1500lbs, but also that boat is worth its price and well over my limit

Back