Islander mooching Reels

Was going to go with a few of those ones with the skull and cross bones pretty sweet reels.

Ok. So I gather they don't go on sale very often. I went out and bought two matching trophy's. Was on the island at Island outfitters and talked me out of the islander and into two trophys for basically 50 bucks more. Thought he gave me a smoking deal and spooled them for me as well. Nice place! Side note, rumour is Cabela's is opening up In Abbotsford and the bass pro shop is selling gear out their trailer now in twassen. Hope the trophy are good reels!!!

Chasin haven't used it yet lol. Hey tgofer trophys are good reels I have a few of them if you have the old ones you might want to change the springs out to islander springs so there is more adjustment on the drag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have this years models! but thanks fishing Solo. Why are you fishing solo when I come in from Chilliwack!!

I only have one complaint with my MR3's.. still a little miffed at why they don't match...., Come on Islander WTF.... what's with changing the color slightly on the MR3's your messing it up for people who were hoping their reels matched... my rods match, my downriggers match, my reels...Not so much..009.jpg

i have two gold mr3 with the same problem two very different colours.and they will be for sale soon as i ordered two tmx5 mooching reels

I really like the darker blue on my one year old ported Mr3.. I think they dropped the ball there bigtime for their customers who were trying to get a match set without getting them at the same time...

I thought Islander sold reels as blemishes if the color was off. Bought a couple that were "blemished" a couple years ago for a good price.

I only have one complaint with my MR3's.. still a little miffed at why they don't match...., Come on Islander WTF.... what's with changing the color slightly on the MR3's your messing it up for people who were hoping their reels matched... my rods match, my downriggers match, my reels...Not so much..View attachment 17990
Did the reel fashion police come down hard on you? were you shunned at recent derby for not being colour coordinated? Did the big mean colour-corrected truly fashion-worthy cool kids at the cool derby table make fun of your lack of fashion sense? All in fun JWC :) Cheers

Nope its lucky already.. I wanna try n find a blue ported one to match the one on the right..which i cant sell because it was a gift..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the darker blue on my one year old ported Mr3.. I think they dropped the ball there bigtime for their customers who were trying to get a match set without getting them at the same time...

they have had to change there plating company companies a couple time I believe...so I believe that is whey a bit of difference....

they have had to change there plating company companies a couple time I believe...so I believe that is whey a bit of difference....

Back