Island West, Ucluelet

herronjoe

Seems Norm has sold the resort to some developers for $$$$$$$$$. This may be the last year that ordinary folks can moor there. I read where the building lots alone are going to go for over one million. With the Government dock being so crowded I don’t know where most folks who used Island West will go. Anyone got any ideas? I don’t know if the Indian village has moorage for lease, and don’t know if I would tie up there or not. Best of luck to all of you and tight lines.

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

I'll have to make due with my 5er in Renfrew till they sell lots. Of course, it takes the stroke of a pen to close the WCVI and all property there won't be worth a pinch of coon sh*t.
Not at all.

We here on this Board focus on fishing because that's what we love but that's not draws most people to WCVI not even close.

It's all about 'lifestyle' and image not the outdoors.

The money is coming from wealthy early retirees and investors-they couldn't care less about fishing.

When is this sale going into effect? And will it have any effect on reservations already booked for 2007? I sure hope not.

I have been going there for 15 or so years. Last year I was told by the owner that he was going to sell. I asked about moorage for 2007 and was told it might be available but you couldn't reserve until January 07. I called the lodge earlier this month and the sale did go thru. I was told there would be moorage available on a first come basis. I have my reservations for this year but next year is up in the air. Seems the new owners want to turn it into a high class destination resort. Supposedly they have already started tearing down the big lodge building that was near the PUB. Norm did tell me that he is thinking of building a new marina near the old sea plane landing area. He owns property there but it would have to be dredged out. Here is the number for Island West if you want to call and check on possible reservations for this year. 250-726-7515
:)

I can't believe Island West is gone. This is bad news. Great place.

I saw a deal about Alaska where these supposed "hunting" and "fishing" groups go in and buy a lodge. They are perceived to be guides. They buy the lodge and land and turn around and shut them down. They are extreme environmentalist groups that have huge pocket books. Try to keep an eye on your land up there, and don't let it happen. BC is as great and beautiful place as anyplace on earth. Don't want this to happen to you too. I am sure there are plans in place, somewhere. Wolves in sheeps clothing.

Why don't they put their money into buying out commercial licenses instead. Go after the major players. Damn, we must be really easy.

I talked to the guys at Weigh West on Friday at the Puyallup show and they said they are all (town and all) waiting to see what will happen with Island West.

Back