Island view boat launch

I've used it lots. You do have to have some ramp skills because it isn't super easy and of course no dock. You can launch at any tide except for extreme low IF: your vehicle can drive on sand and boat isn't too heavy that it will sink into the sand. That said, the sand is pretty hard backed generally. If it is high tide, it's an easy launch on the actual ramp, if the tide is lower, launching on the beach to the right of the ramp works just fine for me(16.5" Harbercraft Aluminum). There are a couple of rocks to watch launching from the beach, but I haven't had issues with them. If the tide is low, perhaps you have to paddle out before putting the leg down. Anyways, not for the faint of heart, but not super crazy.

Last time i was there it looked like someone had put a whole bunch of (large!) driftwood logs in front of the ramp .... bring a saw lol

People actually launch from there eh!? Ive walked out there lots, never seen anyone do it. Looks rough, good for a tinny on high tide. Took alook at the Sidney one up the road looks much easier.

As long as the weather and wind is nice, Island View is great. It is certainly not so great with chop.

The launch in Sidney is far easier and nicer, but when the conditions allow, Island View is a great call for a light boat and a capable tow vehicle. The pro's for me: 10 minutes earlier on the water(20 minutes less drive round trip), No lineups, Free. Cons: a bit of a challenge...but I don't mind that.

I would never consider dropping a big fiberglass boat with a deep draft just due to the couple rocks that are there. Other than the few racks, it is all sand.

Back