Island Fires

Anyone that is going. I would advise of you can do go the night before. Sleep on the boat or vehicle. Nothing worse than having it closed in morning when your fully loaded and nowhere to go. Also be prepared to stay night on Port on way back just in case.

The road is pretty screwed 😕

What time do the thermal winds in the Inlet start to lay down? Wondering if it's best to go down to Bamfield late in the day or the other way to come back and hit the evening road closures. Thinking less traffic then.

I just heard that there is a new fire on the Malahat. Anyone know much about it? Down here in Victoria it is not windy which should help them fight it but some of that area is very steep.

I just heard that there is a new fire on the Malahat. Anyone know much about it? Down here in Victoria it is not windy which should help them fight it but some of that area is very steep.

It’s relatively small according to the fire map.com website. Will night coming and no wind, I’d think it should be fine by tomorrow.

What’s the deal with the closure right now? Heading to tofino on Wednesday.
Tuesday is full day closure 9-5 with no lunch flush. They are trying to be done by the long weekend.
Wednesday so far is like other recent weekdays. Unless it's not. Also heading through Wednesday.

How long might one expect to wait if I get in the westbound lineup at 4:30?

Well, I'm sitting in the 5pm opening line. Traffic has started moving past us eastbound as we sit near the hilliers FD. Drive bc says it's now open both directions so apparently things may be looking up for those of us who rely on this road. Let's hope we don't have any major regressions.

Back