Inflatable PFD ??

AlK

I am thinking of getting some inflatable mustang PFD's and have been comparing Canadian vs US prices and I am surprised that there is a substantial price difference. The US model that I am interested in is the MD3082 which is the equivalent to the Canadian model MD3052.
Is there any reason why I should not use them on my boat?

The pfd on board should be of "Canadian Coast Guard approved" and what you can buy down there might not be. When I got my boat some two years ago I had to throw away a bag full of USCG approved gear.
cheers

If you're looking to order on-line, most stores won't ship across the border. USCG vs CCG regulations I believe. I've used a similar model for a few years. I would definately get the auto inflating model just in case you go over and are unconscious when you hit the water. Still not sure if I'm crazy using one in the first place (as opposed to the standard PFD) but I always wear the inflatable now and I know that can't be said for most boaters.

Cheers

You might want to look at Nikka marine.A couple of years ago we were pricing life jackets for the kids.Nikka was cheaper than CT for the same jacket.

Mike

Picked up a couple of auto inflating at West in Anacortes this past weekend for $99.00 ea
Have been inspected in the past and they never said my jackets are not allowed. After all, if they will save your life a few miles South, they will save your life here.
Never throw out perfectly good life saving equipment because of a silly little lable.

I agree. Besides I always have sufficient PFD's with the CCG lable on my boat. The only reason I am thinking of purchasing the inflatable PFD's is that they will be worn.

Oggidog, which model did you get?

I am thinking of getting either the MD3082 or MD3085.

Back