Inboard Repower Timeframe

I couldn't take it anymore and decided to call Jenkins today to get a sense of timing for completion. I asked the mechanic what next steps were given EFI was now installed. He explained to me that I was now "next in line" and he could start getting on my job Monday (remember the boat and engine have been at their shop since April 8th). When I asked him how long it might take once he started on Monday, he replied "about a month and a half" :mad:. Given what I've heard from y'all and given that I know several great guys/mechanics in the Vancouver area that have also said this is taking too long, I'm close to pulling this project from them now too. I cannot understand how it could possibly take 2 1/2 months to get an engine (that is nearly completely assembled) into a boat. I've reached out to another shop (Bayside Marine) that was referred to me, they say they could pick the boat up on Tuesday and although it's not possible to give an"exact" time of completion, have said this should only take a "few" hours, although I have such a bad taste in my mouth from the whole experience, I'm worried I'll just be doing it all again....like it's groundhog day or something.... Will know more once I speak to the owner of Jenkins, maybe he's unaware that it's taking this long...but it's a sizeable boat to miss in your boat yard....so I'm assuming based on what I've read here....I'm just not the "cream"....

Talk about learning lessons...

A shop machinic never starts and completes a job, its an hr here an hr there, they will work on 3-4 different jobs over the day, they want your business and get you in..
Just like reno guys..they will have 4-5 things going on and come to your site then off to next ect ect ect draging the actual job out longer than it really should take..just how it is

A shop machinic never starts and completes a job, its an hr here an hr there, they will work on 3-4 different jobs over the day, they want your business and get you in..
Just like reno guys..they will have 4-5 things going on and come to your site then off to next ect ect ect draging the actual job out longer than it really should take..just how it is
I don't miss a day on a project unless something gets delayed. We leave only if other trades are still rocking. Not one day.

Back