Important Chinook update from Pacific Angler

Make sure you cc your MP on your email, especially if your MP is from the Libs. And also follow up with a phone call. It’s an answering machine and you can leave your VM referencing your name, subject and the email. Let them do some work....

I agree the system sucks and was designed specifically that way.
But we gotta do what we can do, and right now, that's sending emails!
Yes, it’s the #’s that count (ie politicians weigh everything in votes). Should’ve clarified that the “reading” of the letters isn’t the important thing (and causes work for someone who would be doing they’re regular job), so content and wordsmithing not important as the Minister wont see your specific letter, but rather be updated on the ”score” w/in the electorate.

Unfortunately, our political system is becoming more and more Americanized and the vast majority of political effort is spent on retaining core support and wooing the middle, with less and less effort spent on trying to convert the core of opposing parties. The “hook and bullet” crowd tends to get lumped on the Con side (political rhetoric on this site would confirm that), something that should be factored into any strategic sector initiatives such as this.

Cheers!

Ukee

Dear Minister Jordan & Regional Director General Reid,

The Sport Fishing Advisory Board (SFAB) has proposed regulation that protects Chinook stocks of concern, please accept it based on its merit.

I am an angler. I acknowledge First Nations needs should be met first, however, the proposed regulation put forth by the SFAB addresses protections for depressed Fraser River stocks ergo ensuring FN are able to satisfy their long term food and ceremonial needs while still allowing a modified sport fishery.

The SFAB proposal is supported by rigorous science.

The SFAB proposal limits/negates undue impacts to Chinook stocks of concern.

The SFAB proposal provides meaningful economic benefit to small businesses heavily impacted by the pandemic and taxpayers / voters of this province

The SFAB proposal also provides immeasurable value to me.

Please approve this proposal quickly so that the angling guides can get back to work, their families can be supported during the pandemic, and the people of BC can experience a big part of what makes this area so special, while still protecting our precious salmon stocks and First Nations food and ceremonial needs.

Sincerely,

Just sent. This got me thinking tho so I got on the Google and found this link
Perhaps someone on here could do up a letter asking every bc mp to support the sfab proposal in the interest of all small community's,local economy's and the well being of all rec fisherman and the general population. Something that could be copied and pasted to every mp in the above link.
I'm no wordsmith and also 6 crown in so not sure anything I came up with would be coherent.
Just brainstorming. Mo

The best thing is to write your own letter directly to the Minister Jordan and call her office. Here is the details for doing that:

Bernadette Jordan
902-527-5655
bernadette.jordan@parl.gc.ca

Also the Public Fishery Alliance has started a letter writing campaign at the link below:

The best thing is to write your own letter directly to the Minister Jordan and call her office. Here is the details for doing that:

Bernadette Jordan
902-527-5655

Also the Public Fishery Alliance has started a letter writing campaign at the link below:

I agree a personalized one is probably best. Still, even a form letter is better than nothing and for those with busy lives a handy option.I have lots of time so I like to write my own. I’m sure her staffers see my name and delete them. Lol

I agree a personalized one is probably best. Still, even a form letter is better than nothing and for those with busy lives a handy option.I have lots of time so I like to write my own. I’m sure her staffers see my name and delete them. Lol

Bernadette Jordan
902-527-5655

Thanks for link. Sent

Bernadette Jordan
902-527-5655

Agreed.
Important for us out of area guys to stress what kind of money we spend when we make those big trips out there and without the Chinook fishery there’s no point in us going. We leave some pretty good coin behind on our trips. With the way things are now and going to be for the next few years after this Covid mess you’d think it would pack some clout for them wanting to get those local businesses back on track.

Back