Idle No More/Theresa Spence

THIS is the guy who should be on a hunger strike demanding some meetings, not spence IMO. If you can even call her strike a hunker strike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFNYNmUNYdk

The whole hunger strike move bothers me.

If I threatened and proceeded to hurt someone physically to get what I wanted and to have people listen to me I would be considered a terrorist of sorts.....
But if someone threatens and proceeds to hurt him or herself to get what they want and to get themselves attention they are considered hero’s in some people’s eyes.
A threat to harm someone is a threat to harm someone no matter how you look at it.
It was a bit of a different situation with Ghandi. When Ghandi was imprisoned in 1922, authorities were instructed that they were not allowed to have him die as it would have made Britain’s reputation suffer. Ghandi knew this so he kind of had the ball in his court. He wasn’t at home drinking soup broth threatening people that he would hurt himself if he didn't get what he wanted....... He was in jail.
Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about empathy, but if it is like sympathy, that lies somewhere between **** and syphillis in the dictionary.

I don't know about empathy, but if it is like sympathy, that lies somewhere between **** and syphillis in the dictionary.
Especially if the person not eating/asking for empathy is wearing a $500 pair of eyeglasses while her tribe members live in cardboard shacks.

In my opinion--SISTER Theresa lost a lot more weight helping the unfortunate than CHIEF Theresa is losing MISMANAGING FUNDS FOR HER TRIBE!

I would like to see more FN graduate from secondary school and go on to getting a degree or other post secondary training. If that happens then maybe they will be in a better position to do exactly what we need, be responsible and contributing members of our society. If that means giving them financial educational incentives, I'm all for it. The way it is now, they are a financial burden on all taxpayers, that's the reality. Education is the only true hope of changing this reality.

I would like to see more FN graduate from secondary school and go on to getting a degree or other post secondary training. If that happens then maybe they will be in a better position to do exactly what we need, be responsible and contributing members of our society. If that means giving them financial educational incentives, I'm all for it. The way it is now, they are a financial burden on all taxpayers, that's the reality. Education is the only true hope of changing this reality.
The availability of post secondary education has been there for natives for DECADES. Clearly it hasn't made a difference except that those natives who have taken advantage of the education have then used it to exploit their own people. The system (and your idealistic approach) is broken. Throwing more money at it isn't going to fix it. Its time for the handouts to stop and for people to grow up, and be responsible for their own actions and their own well being.

The availability of post secondary education has been there for natives for DECADES. Clearly it hasn't made a difference except that those natives who have taken advantage of the education have then used it to exploit their own people. The system (and your idealistic approach) is broken. Throwing more money at it isn't going to fix it. Its time for the handouts to stop and for people to grow up, and be responsible for their own actions and their own well being.

I'm aware the funding as been there for awhile now. How do you teach a FN student to be responsible? Enlighten us.

We taught them how to be irresponsible, maybe it is up to them to teach themselves how to be responsible as that young chief from Osoyoos did.

I'm aware the funding as been there for awhile now. How do you teach a FN student to be responsible? Enlighten us.

2 hours........

tumblr_md7ip9vx3Z1rfy2fao1_500-1_zps14ea8bc8.jpg

:D

It has to start from them not us, we are only enabling their issue. They have to sort it out.

I agree, we enabled them, so what do we do to help them, just cut everything off and start fresh?

The way make them responsible is to turn off the money tap. No free hand outs, then they can be responsible for them selves just like every other Canadian is.

Maybe we can do this

Mass exodus of FloridaOnly 49 more states to go and hopefully Canada will follow

Hooray for Florida !

I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next month or so with druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida, because this is the first state in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida ! In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free."

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test drug-free. Applicants who test positive for illicit substances, won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment. Those who fail a second time will be banned from receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.
How is this unconstitutional? It's a legal requirement that every person applying for a job has to pass drug tests in order to get the job, why not those who receive welfare?

Forward this if you agree!
Let's get welfare back to the ones who need it, not to those who won't get a job.
I AGREE, DO YOU?

Good idea but way too risky at making us all look entirely racist. If we move forward on that motion then we need to mirror that for all of Canada and not just the indians. Millions of other folks take advantage of the hand outs from canada and every province each and every day. From what I have read so far it looks way more complicated than the generalisations that have been posted here in this thread.

I'm not being racist, I want every Canadian to follow the same set of rules regardless of the color of there skin, how is that racist?

Bcboy what is the difference between indian hand outs and hand outs that the rest of canada can abuse? I didnt call you a racist i firmly stated that if we did not mirror that action for all of Canada then it would paint us all as racist. It was not my intention to make my comment personality directed as it was a broad generalisation only.

I agree with you, let the rules for First Nations mirror the rules for non First Nations when it comes to any type of assistance. No special privileges for anyone, then we can begin to stop the racism.

June 6th (approximately) is tax freedom day. That's when the average working person starts to keep the money they've earned after taxes. How many more days of the year are you willing to work to feed other families before a crumb comes to your own. ANY/ALL groups that create deficit make this date further away. It's not harper's money, so July 6th, August 6th, Septmber 6th????

Back