I Don't Know What The Hell To Do!

Dogbreath

Got a decent number on a lodge trip to the central coast but fishing has been miserable.

A friend just returned Saturday and said the water was so warm/things so mixed up there wasn't even any Kelp @ Cheney Point!

It's either go and pray the water turns colder or leave it for this year.

"Environment Canada Weather Forecast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marine Forecast issued for Central coast McInnes Island to Pine Island.
Issued: 4 AM PDT Friday 10 August 2007 for the period ending 4 AM Saturday with an outlook for the following 24 hours.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Synopsis:
a ridge of high pressure will persist well offshore maintaining onshore flow. A weak area of low pressure will slowly move across the Charlottes tonight and into central waters Saturday afternoon.
Moderate northwest winds will prevail. Winds rising to locally strong westerlies through Juan de Fuca strait late this afternoon.
Winds will ease to light and variable over the north near the weak low.

Forecast:
Winds southwest 5 to 15 knots shifting to easterly 5 to 15 Saturday morning. Cloudy Periods. Fog patches. Seas near one metre.
Outlook. Light to moderate southerlies.

Copyright © 2007 Environment Canada
All Rights Reserved
"

Don't feel by yourself. Went out to Ucluelet in the second week of July and got nothing but weenies. Usually the biggies are in. Heard they were still up at Winter Harbor. I guess that means the guys fishing in August will do good. Hope so anyway.

Switch to TUNA gear... bigger boat... and head off shore! [8D]

Me too! Maybe we should pool resources! ;)

Or try something completely different! A buddy of mine in Sweden recently invited me on an 2 week excursion to the Cap Verde Islands! Fishin' for... MARLIN! [:p]

http://www.biggamefishingcapeverde.com/index.html

I'll be there from June 25th to July 9th 2008! [8D]

I dont think the fish wont come,but I do believe they will be in a hurry when they do.Everything seems to be a little late this year.Even the tent caterpillars in my late blooming apple trees have taken their time getting here.
I got my fingers crossed for a slam bang September:D
Hooch

Back