How much for Gas to fish out of Sooke?

splittail

Hypothetically, if a buddy wanted to go fishing with you for the day out of Sooke - how much should they put in for gas, generally speaking (based on a 8 hour day).

On another note - how much beer too? :D:D

I can understand "Depends on where you want to go, or depends on size of boat" - so hypothetically speaking lets just say "wherever and whatever" And also the answer to "Depends on what kind of beer does that person bring" is "Whatever they drink".

Similarly if you ask "What kind of food will my new buddy feed me while dragging their butt all over the ocean" would be "Whatever you aren't allergic to."

Fished with a few of the gentlemen on the board so far, so they may be able to confirm i'm an ok fishing companion for a girl. :D New to Sooke and just needs to get out there! Have a charter booked in July, but thats WAAYYYYY to long away. Even if its not a fishing trip, would love to get a boat ride and the nastier the weather the better! I ain't no whiner when it comes to rough seas and wet weather.

Ok ill bite all gas and lunch and the bevies as your buddy walks away with a couple hundred dollars worth of fish not a bad deal for someone to just step on a boat and go fishing no matenance,no moorage fees,no insurance,no gear costs,no bood sweat and tears they dont see as you work on your boat in the winter etc.etc etc. the list is endless DO you want me to stop!!!!!!!

Just my two cents Wolf

oh and good luck

You can keep the fish. I'll even pitch in a few bags of blood if you're low on that too. Sorry, bad joke. :D But I'll stick around and wipe the boat down at the end of the day. Would I have better luck if I hung around the docks with a cooler of beer wearing a short skirt and a purse with a couple hundred $ in it? ;);)The boys tell me I got great legs. :D(Pic of fishin with MyEscape on the river. Note to self: Go to town and get yourself a short skirt. Wearing waders on the dock won't get you a ride). Anyone of you salty dogs have a wife that likes to fish? I'll go with them if they have time instead. Remind yourself to leave the keys to the boat when your at work. :D:D

Well, I've had lots of people ask me to take them fishing, I love to take them out,at the end of the trip I wait and see what they offer,There's 95%of them that don't go again.They seem to think that I get the bait for free,that the gear is free,the launch is free,and the boat and maintenance is free.Oh can you also come and pick us up and drop us off?Then on the other hand I've had people pay for the gas, launch,bait,respect my equipment, and buy me lunch.They are always welcome to go again.IMHO pay for the gas,bait and launch,I'll pay for the boat,maintenance,insurance,tow vehicle,I use about 7 gallons of gas,1 or 2 packs of bait,it's still a lot cheaper than owning a boat. DAN

Ok is anybody heading out that wants a couple partners.We will pay for gas,beer and food.We have the next 5 days off.:D

Splittail were do you live.

quote:Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia

Ok is anybody heading out that wants a couple partners.We will pay for gas,beer,food, bait.

And spittail says if you can do a headstand while reeling in a fish, you get an extra sandwich from the cooler and your launch would go off without a hitch, hypothetically speaking, of course.:D No wait - how about "while reeling in a fish, you whistle 1950s show tunes while standing on your head, everything would be free." Yeah, thats better. [:eek:)]

Living in Sooke, BC.

It all depends. My boat is a gas hog and I don't expect guests to pay. If they never offer they don't get invited back.

What I look for in a regular guest is someone who never shows up empty handed, whether it is booze,snacks or bait. Also and this is most important, when the boat hits the dock don't just take off. It takes me a good 30-40 minutes to clean up and wash off the salt,remove the garbage and put the empties in the recycling.

It's also nice when you buddy helps with maintenance like painting the bottom. Those kind of guys get rides for life ;)

I'm with Danthewire and Bhemi I never ask for anything,but if a person doesn't buck up it is the last time they come fishing with me.My usaul trip is meet at my house,the boat is all fuelled up and there is salted bait ready to go.We drive to the dock and I launch the boat,at this time hopefully the launch is paid for.We fish all day.They play all the fish.We leave stop at the car wash to clean boat and refuel the boat. All that said my friends are really good,at the most all that I have to do is clean the boat at the end of the day.Doing it this way people see all the work and cost that a days fishing is all about and what it costs.

My buddy on the CASH FLOW has a sticker that says "This boat runs an fuel, no friendship". Thats pretty much sums it up for me.

I have to agree with most people that fuel, boat maint, moorage etc are not cheap. I never ask for fuel$ but if somebody doesn't even offer than they probably will not be back out.

I have the same sticker on my boat right front and center.

Ok all we wanna do is get out and fish the local salt chuck.Our intentions are good.We will help with gas,bring beer and lots of good food.Anybody willing to take us out for a fish???

In Victoria, have own rods, crab trap, will bring beer, lunch, and pay for gas/bait. In exchange for a nice day out fishing, I would need a ride as well so hopefully someone in Victoria who heads out to fish.

Took some buddies out last weekend and they were useless. I dont mind paying for it all if they can actually operate a boat and are a good fishing partner. Last week my freind lost me a cannon ball and lost the drag cover on my reel as well as a flasher/spoon setup. Didnt pay a cent for it..... Anyways if the they are a good fishing partner and you enjoy fishing with them then i would be happy with 50% of gas once in a while.

Ok, what size dress do you wear Sugar Mag?:D Sorry, I couldn't help myself:D:D:D[:I]

Iam a guy,lmao...My nick name is a grateful dead song...[8D]

Back