How do you know when to support a derby

gon fishin

How do you know when to support a derby? what parameters do you use?
Is it the prizes? What level of salmon enhancment is required ?
I know that most derbys make no money Should derbys make any money This information is just not for me but maybe others will see this as well
catch your limit
limit your catch
conserve your catch

Pretty lame question, don't you think? You support something if the cause fits your agenda, right?

Most derbies are put on for the fun of goin out on the water and catch fish. They have prizes for the anglers $$ & or stuff. A good get together afterwords, BBQ's Banquets. They give back to the local Salmon Enhancement projects which make it worth it as well. Everyone likes a little competition. Over the years the JDF Derby has donated almost $200,000 to local salmon enhancement projects in the Sooke area. So to answer gon fishin ? I will support a derby if their intentions are to show everyone a good time as well as giving back to the resource. If the derby can make some monies for local enhancement projects then its all good.

I guess i asked the wrong question but the last 2 post were the type of answers i am looking for How about
What sort of support for salmon enhancement are you looking for in a derby that you enter ? or does it not matter ?
I need to know if it is just me or not

Back