How did you choose your boat name?

All the boats I've had over yrs never had names, until I bought my Campion 552 from a fellow in Deep Cove. It was already named "Spring Fever"
hence my handle.
When I sold her to get the 2359, which had no name, everyone was saying
"thats an upgrade" so in keeping with the cell phone craze that seems to push upgrades I named the 2359 "Spring Fever 2.0"

with all the boats I've had over yrs it should be 9.0 doh!
I seen you going through Ladysmith yesterday evening. Great looking rig.

Oly

Dorman Point was built by my good friend. Every couple of years he and his wife would treat themselves to a weekend trip to Bowen Island, where they would rent one of the little cabins at Union Steamship Marina. He had a big old beast of a sheep dog - shaggy and slobbery with a huge bark, teeth worn down to nubs from chewing rocks, and a heart of gold. Sam the dog would hang out in my friend’s shop all day long while he built boats; they were best friends. When on their trips to Bowen, they would go for walks out to Dorman Point which forms the south side of Snug Cove. Sam the dog passed away while the boat was being built, so we named her Dorman Point, as a tribute to Sam.

I went with COHOVID, I bought it at the start of all this and it is fitting as I love catching big Northern COHO, my crews sense of humour is same as mine. I especially liked it rolling the coast last summer.
Well now I definitely have to cross that off my list ;)

Well interesting... My online gaming name from back in the early 90's onwards was Marsman... It was tough to come up with name as most have been used. I finally decided on one, had it printed and waited for this this spring to put it on the new boat once it warmed up. :cool::cool:

Attachments

• Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Boat1.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 85
View attachment 64316
The most genius name of the boat in the world!) Unfortunately, it's already been taken :D
Your highness...
How cool is that.
Blayney was a great man with a great vision , he started by selling one plastic plug and grew it in to what it is today , quite a success story , He was gone before Alex and i were together but i really enjoy hearing the stories of the early days.

I Run Scotty 2106’s Thank tho .. Cannon makes a great product im sure but this i Vancouver island lets get serious..

Before I bought my boat, I saw a video of some new Cannon stuff. The tech is impressive, how they can be all interconnected with the sonar, and auto adjust depth, and all the other fancy doo-dads I can't remember - but for me, Scotty was always the way to go. Yes, being a Vancouver Island product is a big reason, but also taking the switch and flipping it to "on" to make it go means there is very little to go wrong. The learning curve is almost non-existent and I can likely fix most things that might go wrong (although so far nothing has gone wrong).

Tech is cool. I have smart locks on my house, smart garage door opener, and a bunch of that sort of thing, and one thing I have learned is that it always stops working at the worst time. Door works all the time except when I have my arms full of groceries "Hey Siri, unlock front door.". "I'm Sorry, the front door is not responding". Last thing I want to disrupt my fishing adventure is tech that doesn't feel like cooperating with the latest version of IOS whenever I have a fish on.

Back