Homemade Balsa wooden lure PART 1 - "The Attila Fat Minnow"

Dear anglers friends

This time, I would like share my last project of doing my own lures.

For long time I wanted to do my own minnow lure and catch a fish with it. This year, I began to work a prototype with Balsa wood. After some tries, finally I made the Attila Fat Minnow “S” …. “S” because it has a sinking action…

This Attila, is a 100% handmade lure. As I said, I am using Balsa wood and I designed it with the purpose for surf fishing with a spinning rod from the shore, and also onboarding...

A couple of months ago I posted a first Youtube video in my channel. The video was the PART 1 of the Attila Fat Minnow introduction.

In Part 1, I did a quick summary of main steps that I followed to build this 100% homemade Balsa wooden Plug.… Here is the list of materials that I used (just in case, also I have the list of tools):
- 4mm x 20mm x 120mm Balsa wood
- 1mm diameter x 210mm Stainless Steel wire
- 2.5mm x 30mm Diameter Lead wire
- Epoxy Resine
- Super Glue
- Wood Cement
- ¼” Balls bearing (stainless)
- 5mm Strong Magnet
- 60mm Strip Aluminium (made from soda cans)
- 2mm Transparent Polycarbonate for lips

I hope you like the video, and thank you for watching. Maybe some of you do your own plugs and I will love to have some tips to improve my Attila. Please give me your comments and let me know your opinions. Whoever wants please give a LIKE after watching the video.

In addition and next to this post, I will include a second one with Part 2 explaining how to finishing the plug....

Have a safe fishing…

Here is the Youtube link to see my Part 1 video:
[QROzKcFJDu8] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QROzKcFJDu8

Well done. I love how you show it swimming at the end.

We will have to start calling you "Mr.Rapala" haha looks good, great craftsman ship considering its all hand made!

that's dedication!
great video!

Hello SteelyDan

Yeah, it has a nice swimming, and also I like the way that it goes down in the water... Actually, after many tries that one in the video was the first prototype of the Attila Fat Minnow. I took it to my last fishing trip without finishing it.. I just put a coulpe of hologram tapes on the plug to try it...and it works very well . I caught some flounders... :)

Hello SteelyDan

Yeah, it has a nice swimming, and also I like the way that it goes down in the water... Actually, after many tries that one in the video was the first prototype of the Attila Fat Minnow. I took it to my last fishing trip without finishing it.. I just put a coulpe of hologram tapes on the plug to try it...and it works very well . I caught some flounders... :)

Thanks Kinblazer84 and Bigdogeh for your comments... maybe someday you will talk about the Attilas as we do now about Rapalas ...hahahahaa thanks a lot!!! it is very fun to do these plugs... In case tou have a chance, give a look to my other post where I show PART 2....

Back