Tiny and effective wooden lure

Hello anglers friends from British Columbia, greetings from Peru.

It has passed long time since my last visit to the Forum. I hope you all and your families are doing well.

I'm very excited to come back again. After more than three years without posting any video of my work through my Youtube channel, I reengache again to work on one of my favorites hobbies which is lure making. I want to share with you the last lures that I’m doing for trout fishing at my homeshop.

I always thought, that the passion and emotion that every angler who ties or make a wooden lure is the same. Our common dream is to catch our beautiful preys with something done by ourselves.

This time, I want to talk about and show these tiny balsa wooden lures made with the purpose to have fun when I go for catching trouts in the creeks located in Peruvian highlands.

The Attila Trout Hunter is a tiny lure made out of Balsa wood, it is about 1 5/8” length (4cm), 5/16 oz weight (3.2gr), it is painted with fantasy and natural colours, the lure is armed with #12 or #14 Gamakatsu hooks, and a pair of small 3D homemade eyes. Something important to state at this point, each lure is “one of a kind”.
Fpr having a plenty and pleasure fishing experience using the Attila Trout Hunter, it’s necessary to use a good ultralight equipment (UL rod 5.5', 6-8 lbs line, 10-12 FC leader). In this way you can be accurate when casting these light lures, and when you catch a fish feel in HD the sensations of the fight with these gorgeous fishes. Last, something to remark, given that I love the beautiness of trouts, I always do C&R. Therefore, before to use any of these lures, first I kill all hooks barbs.

I invite you to watch my video using the below link, and please let me know your thoughts, and give me your comments and recommendations.

Thanks,

Hello Saanauk, believe me that I'm nota good painter...I just begin to work over the risk of the final results. Sometimes I start with something in my mind, but at the end results are different to expected. :).. Sometimes I see other angler's work and I think that I have a lot to learn and practice too. My recommendation for you is to start painting without taking care... just enjoy the moment and when you will catch a fish with your own painted lure, you will be very excited and happy...

Back