High gas price's and fishing

2xeagle16

Gas prices at the pump have shot up to 142.9 at most gas stations today. Just wondering how much the price of gas affects you're fishing - what's the limit before you start leaving the boat at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is what it is.... I'll be fishing

What's your breaking point?

Even at $2.50 I'll catch food for my table that will more then offset the cost of fuel.

I find you need to go out with 3 or 4 guys now adays to split the cost to make it worthwhile... depending on boat size of course...

I find I spend more time fishing a little closer to home now. When I had guests you go where the fish are, but for fun fishing I pay more attention.

$1.44 ltr...first sign of spring everyone has exited the igloos...just warming up for summer gas prices............:rolleyes:

no gas,no... no one rides for free...;)

Fuel is currently 10% higher than the same date last year. August I think we are going to see 1.60 a Litre this year :mad:

Always goes up before the long weekend! oh well what you gonna do, I along with Albernifisher try not to look at the price that close, it's a hobby, addiction and a great get away!! All good things come at a price..

Given how quickly the price went up, I'm betting on $1.75 - $1.99/l. Canadian dollar declining. We buy our oil in US dollars.

Canadian dollar declining. We buy our oil in US dollars.
...everything We buy is U$; otherwise there would be huge trade surplus generated - offloading our natural resources...:)

yup...I have feeling that we could see 1.60 L in coming weeks. Fishing kayaks are popular and they are in market now. Some reliable kayaks can be at around 800 dollars . Extreme kayak can be at around 2500 dollars range.

Even at $2.50 I'll catch food for my table that will more then offset the cost of fuel.[/QUOTE said:
I'm impressed with YOUR take on the cost of putting food on YOUR table!!!!
Would hate to figure out what the cost per pound I pay for the fish we eat...and we get plenty of fish.

Hitting the gym and making a row boat… Team Canada rowing crew will be full of fishermen pretty soon! Gold medals coming soon, who wants to join?

I can't break it down to dollars a pound because if my wife found out -there would be H-ll to pay. Even I might question the sanity of fishing for food-It beats golf-you can't eat the balls either!!LOL

Comox COOP is still 1.26, but changing to 1.47 very soon.

Huge lineups at pumps there, 4 cars per pump !

I find that it's a lot cheaper in Ladysmith than in Nanaimo. I guess sometimes it's good to have a smaller 16ft open-whaler style boat. Just have to pick my days.

Back