Hi, new to BC, need some information :-)

S

Salmo77

Hi there,

My name is Nicolas and I recently moved to Vancouver for working reasons. I've been fishing back in Europe since I'm a child (lived in Switzerland) and obviously i am really looking forward to enjoy my hobby also here in BC. :)

Unfortunetaly, none of my working collegues ever went fishing here around so I dont have feedbacks yet about where to go fishing here around. I really love fishing in small to medium streams (rather than in big rivers). I especially like walking for hours along a river trying different spots and finding the good ones :)

I was wondering whether I could get some help from you guys, which seem to be well informed about fishing in BC in general. As I said I really enjoy fshing in small/medium streams so if you canshare any information about where I should go and also what kind of fishing material is needed, it would be highly appreciated.

I don't know if you guys also organise trips altoghether or so, if so I would gladly join a group of BC fishermens for a few days trip wherever...

Best :)
Nicolas

Your living in Vancouver I understand, go to local fishing tackle outlets,inquire,there are areas around. Ask the staff what you are interested in,make some purchases re tackle required and they will be helpfull. Having said that it sounds as if the Skagit River would be suitable for your needs. Basically fly fishing.Fished it a lot when I lived there,beautifull region.

Back