Help with inboard VP closed loop coolant system

Hey all,
Trying to finish up an engine install in our reborn Zeta. It’s a 1997 5.7 GI Volvo Penta and there s a hose that comes out of a reservoir under the low pressure pump near the rear of the engine and for the life of me and can’t remember or locate where it ties back into the closed system.
Thanks

Hey all,
Trying to finish up an engine install in our reborn Zeta. It’s a 1997 5.7 GI Volvo Penta and there s a hose that comes out of a reservoir under the low pressure pump near the rear of the engine and for the life of me and can’t remember or locate where it ties back into the closed system.
Thanks
Is it an overflow hose? Ie: drains to the bilge

Hey all,
Thanks

Can you take a pic? Could it be for the ps cooler?

K so my config is a 320gxi and while I've changed the fuel cell out which integrates both high and low pressure pumps I'm 99% sure that's cooled by the fuel itself. Agree with the above the ps is raw water cooled, so without a pic it's hard to say what this hose is all about. What were you doing to the engine that this was all apart? Also what reservoir is this connected too, could it be for a heat system? I can't think of any FWC / antifreeze lines that are transom side of the engine off hand.

if you talking about the small 1/4 hose that goes to the vapour chamber (fuel cell) it comes out of the heat exchanger at the bottom (raw water side) then connects to the vapor chamber to cool the fuel then exits the vapor chamber via another 1/4 hose which goes to the side of the exhaust riser and discharges with the rest of the raw water.

if you talking about the small 1/4 hose that goes to the vapour chamber (fuel cell) it comes out of the heat exchanger at the bottom (raw water side) then connects to the vapor chamber to cool the fuel then exits the vapor chamber via another 1/4 hose which goes to the side of the exhaust riser and discharges with the rest of the raw water.
Ok, thanks I’ll check it out when I get home and I thank all those who have replied!

So I had a look at the risers and being the Hi-Tek there is no extra ports besides the main raw water input.
Will give Deans marine a call tomorrow

Attachments

• E0649378-DA59-4D4B-8610-E69450D36AF5.jpeg
    E0649378-DA59-4D4B-8610-E69450D36AF5.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 34
Back